Chapter 13: Newt

Seven Gladers. We had lost seven Gladers.

The Doors had closed for the night. Piles of ash and yellow, sulfur-like power filled the Glade, the reminants of the monsters we had faced.

Percy and Annabeth did most of the work. Correction. They did all the work. When the attack came, half of the Gladers were being sissies and klunking their pants. I fyou want to know what that was like, ask Gally. The other half of the Gladers were armed with poles, at least trying to fight the... I don't even know what those bloody things were. All I knew was that Percy and Annabeth had single-handedly saved the Glade.

And Percy almost got himself killed in the process. Annabeth went into a rage, kicking, punching, and stabbing the earth giant everywhere possible. She even attacked him where the sun don't shine. I was impressed.

Right now, the blonde girl was distraught. Percy had taken a rock to his thick skull. He'd been out for about half an hour. We were in the Med-Jack hut, Thomas, Teresa, Alby and I crowded around Percy's cot. While Clint and Jeff were doing everything they could, Annabeth looked ready to beat someone up.

"Seaweed Brain, wake up!" She shouted for the umpteenth time, shaking her boyfriend's shoulders. The unconscious boy groaned, but didn't wake up. "Percy, look at me!"

I wanted to tell her that she was only making things worse, but she was alreasy mad. And telling her would make her madder. And I just didn't feel like dying today. Not to mention said death was going to be by bronze dagger. Apparently, Alby was feeling the same. He left, muttering something about "knock out pills for angry blondes."

I watched from the side as Clint started to clean the blood spilling from the side of Percy's head. Jeff unrolled the bandages and got to work. Even after his wounds were cleaned up, Annabeth kept insisting that there was a faster way to heal him.

"What supplies did you get today?" Annabeth screamed, shaking Jeff by the shoulders. "Answer me!"

"J-Just the regular supply of bandages , gauze, n-needles, serums, p-painkillers, a-a-and cough syrup." The poor guy stuttered. 

"Argh!" In a rage, Annabeth hurled her dagger at the closed door, right where I was standing. I stiffened as the tip of the bronze blade buried itself between the planks of the wooden door, feeling the hilt right beside my ear.

My ear.

Stepping away from the dagger, I put a hand up to my ear. My fingertips came away splattered with blood. 

I looked up at the blonde girl, angry. "You nicked me!" I said accusingly. Annabeth looked at me, shrugging. "You were in the way," she spat, hunting through the cupboards. Teresa stifled a grin. 

At last, Annabeth gave up the hunt. Letting out an exasperated sigh, she sank into a chair beside Percy's bed, placing her head in her hands; He still hadn't woken up.

"What is it you're looking for?" Thomas asked hesitantly.

"Ambrosia," the girl muttered through her fingers. "If it came up at all. it'll look like a golden-yellowish square of food. Probably wrapped up or in a container."

Beside me, Thomas shifted nervously on the spot, clearing his throat.

"What?" Annabeth asked without looking up.

"Does it, by any chance, reduce people to ashes?"

In an instant, the bronze dagger was at his throat, its wielder looming over him. 

"Spill. The. Tea."

Thomas started to sweat. I made eye contact with Teresa. Should we help him? She thought about it for a moment before shaking her head. Nah,