father and son

I dont own batman or any of the characters.

Damian sat in one of the many sitting rooms in the manor reading. He didn't want anything to do with his father, brothers, or Alfred for that matter. He just wanted to be alone esspecially after the hard day he had. A group of kids had been mean to him at school and normally this wasnt a problem, but today they went too far. Today they used racial slurs against him. They insulted him for being part Arabic and called him a terrorist. They insulted his family and had gone so far as to hit him. Damian had lashed out on them, and was the one to get in teouble. Of course his father was called. When Damian got homw he went off to be alone before his father got home to talk to him.

"Damian where are you?" His father called out.

He didnt seem mad like Damian thought he would be. Of course he could just be hiding his anger.

"Damian I'm not mad ok? I saw the security fortoage of what happened. The school knows why you laahed out. They know you were only defending yourself. I heard on the tape what they said to you. Its not true. Just tell.me where youare so we can talk," his father said as he came towards the sitting room.

"In here," Damian called.

"Hey there, buddy," Bruce said sitting down on the other end of the couch Damian sat on.

"Hi," Damian replied before asking, "your really not mad?"

"Of course I'm not mad. Yo didn't start the fight, and only defended yourself. I saw the tape you didn't go to far. You only defended yourself, and I'm sorry you had to hear those terrible things."

"Is it true?" Damian asked slowly leaning I've to lie against his father.

"Is what true?" His father asked not sure of what Damian meant.

"The things they said. What they called me. Is it true that I am a terrorist because of I'm part Arabic? Is it true that I am a bad person?" Damian asked looking up at his at her with sad eyes.

"Damian no of course not. None of its true. Your are a good person and you are not a terrorist. Do you know how I know?" Bruce replied rubbing Damians back as Damian played his head on his fathers lap.

"How?" Dmain asked.

"Because your Robin, and Robin is good. Also because you try to be good and do good. You are my son, and a good boy," Bruce said.

"Why were they so mean? Why did they say those things if I am a good person?"

Bruce sighed before speaking. He really didnt want to have to explain racism and prejudice to his son. Especially when his son didnt deserve any of it. "Damian do you know what racism and predjudice is?"

"Of course," Damian replied understanding that was what had happened.

"Well some people see spmeone like you and only see their skin color. They only see your race. They dont bother to know you and hate you based on your skin color. I think part of what those boys did was them thinking they are better that you because they are not biracial. Ita not true but they are rasist and prejudice. They are the bad ones for believeing that. Not you. Some people are just like that, and sadly this wont be the first time this will happen. Though I am proud of you, because even when they insulted you you didnt resort to violence, though if you had I wouldnt of been mad. Instead you tried to get them to leave you alone, and tried to walk away. It was only when things got physicalnthat you fought back. You showed great self control and for that I am proud of you," Bruce said.

"I don't want to go back to that school," Damian said.

"I know baby, but I can't homeschool you. Remember we tried that and you were lonely. You need to be around other kids your age. When you were homeschooled you isolated yourself, and refused to be around kids your own age. That's not good for you. We can try other schools, but public school will be worse. But I promise you that if you want to switch schools you can, but I don't want to add to any stress. I just want wants best for you," Bruce said patting Damians hip.

"But I don't have to go back. They always do it. Today they just got physical," Damian said.

"Wait Damian they have been doing this for a while?" Bruce asked pulling Damian up onto his lap to look at him.

"Yes since I started there," Damian said.

"They have been bullying you that long?"

"Yes."

"Oh Damian, why didnt you tell me?"

"I thought I could deal with it on my own but they wouldn't leave me alone," Damian said tearing up.

"Well I promise you you won't have to go back there," Bruce said.

"What if I didn't isolate myself, and talked to other kids, could I be homeschooled then?" Damian asked.

"I dont know Damian," Bruce replied.

"Please," Damian said.

"If I let you be homeschooled I have a few condition. You can not isolate yourself, you habe to do after school activities a few times a week so you can be around others, you have to keep your grades up, and you have to behave," Bruce said.

"Ok, but can one of the after school activities be an art class?" Damian asked hopefully.

"Sure I wont make you do something you don't want to, but you need at least two. Patrol doesnt count," Bruce replied kissing Damians forehead.

"I could do art and horseback rideing," Damian said hopefully.

"That's sounds like a good idea Damian," Bruce said. "I'll a range for you to be homeschooled tomorrow ok?"

"Ok," Damian replied.

"Hey how about we watch a movie together?" Bruce asked.

"I'd like that," Damian said.

"Then come on," Bruce said picking him up and resting him on his hip.

They went to the screening room where Damian lay against his father curled up under a blanket as they watched a movie together. Pretty soon Damian feel asleep, so Bruce took him to bed.

As he set him on the bed and watched his son sleep he made a promise that Damian would never go back to that school. Not as long as those kids were there. He wouldnt let those kids hurt his son, because he was his father and would protect him as long as he could.

After a while Bruce left his soncls room and went to his study to arange for Damian to be homeschooled. He found an After school program that offered an art class three days a week from three to five and from four to six. He also found a place for kids to ride horses after school five days a week between the hours of three and eight. Though with the horseback riding it was not mandatory to come everyday and was not mandatory to come to the art class everyday either. He signed Damian up for both, and then arranged for his son to be enrolled in online school instead. His reason being, "my son with not be the victim of some brats prejudice ignorant words. They were wrong in what they said and I refuse to subject my son to that. He didn't want to go back. He wants to be homeschooled and I have arranged for him to do After school activities so he may socialize with other kids."

The next week Damian was being homeschooled and greatly enjoyed it. He enjoyed the art class and the horseback riding. It was obvious to all that Damian was a lot happy now than he was in that school, and Bruce couldn't be happier that his son was showing such positive change in life. Yea.in fact the Father and Son were happy to now have more time.together due to Damians change in schooling. The I lives were better becuase of it.

So much shorter than a lot of my other ones, but I wanted to get something up. I'm still working on harry potter but not as often as I have hit a wall with those one shots. I kinda got distracted by several TV shows, but hopefully will have the first ten posted by June or July. I may have others story's coming out, but right now Harry potter one shots and Batfamily one shots are all that's garuentted. I hope you enjoyed this one shot and will have more up soon hopefully.