of babies and toddlers part 2

Disclaimer I do not own DC Comics or any of the characters.

Also all I have done is revised this chapter. Nothing much has changed.

Two years later

Damian now two and a half wondered the downstairs of the manor. He had been in his fathers study, but his father was working. Damian had gotten bored and irritated with his fathers lack of attention for him, and decided to find something to do. So Damian wondered off. By now his father would of noticed his absence and alerted everyone in the house. Instead of finding a place to wait like the kitchen so he could say he was hungry, Damian thought it a good idea to go upstairs.

He smiled a michevious smile as he tried to climb the stairs. They were not expecting him to be upstairs, and it would be fun to hide out and worry them. That is until he lost his balance once he was near the top. He fell back, and since he had gone alone no one was there to catch him. He fell down the stairs backwards hitting his head as he fell. By the time he reached the bottom of the stairs he had already hit his head several times, and several other parts of his body had also hit the stairs. Damian lay sprawled out on his stomach at the bottom of the stairs wailing at the top of his lungs.

His father and brothers were immediately drawn to the noise, and were horrified when they found Damian laying there. It was Bruce he reacted first. Telling Dick to get Alfred, Bruce knelt by Damian and tried to see all of where he was injured. Damian was conscious, and Bruce knew that was good. Alfred came rushing to the youngest boys side when he heard what had happened. Together father and butler got the toddler to the car. Then with all of the other boys in the car they left for the hospital.

"Why didn't we take him to the cave?" Tim asked from his spot in between Dick and Jason.

"I am not prepared to tend to a two year old, Master Tim " Alfred said as he sped to the hospital. Bruce holding Damian who kept on crying.

They reached the hospital in recorded time. At some point Alfred had called informing them of the situation. A team of doctors were waiting for them when they arrived. Imeddiately they took Damian from Bruce and lay him down on a gurney.

"What happened?" A female doctor said who was a pedatilric doctor

"Two year old boy. Family said he wondered off and tried to climb the stairs. He fell down them," a surgeon said.

They were wheeling him threw the halls until they reached the trauma room prepared for him. The doctors moved him onto the bed and began to acess him. The pediatric doctor ordered emergency x rays to be taken, and a surgery room on stand by. The X rays revealed two broken ribs, a broken femur, and a broken wrist. They also confirmed a concussion upon first examination. Thankfully no damage to any organs aside from broken bones. They also ruled out any internal bleeding.

"Dr. Vanahine inform the family, and let them no he'll need surgery to determine the severity of his injuries. Get the paperwork filled out, and see to it that the family is reassured he'll be ok," Dr. Williams, the pediatric doctor said.

Dr. Vanahine left to inform the family. Bruce sat in the waiting room with his sons. None of them spoke until the doctor came. Bruce was the first to stand up.

"How is he?" Bruce asked as only a father would.

"He's stabel. We found no internal bleeding or damage to any organs," the doctor said as the family sighed in relief, " however he has two broken ribs, a broken femur, a broken waits, and concussion. He will need surgery to determine the severity of the damage. There is a possibility that e will need to put screws and pins in to help his bones heal. If you will come with me to fill out the papetwork. Also CPS has arrived as well as the police. I hope you understand in this situation we must call them," the doctor said leading them to a room with a table. Two officers and a social worker were there.