secrets

Disclaimer I do not own DC Comics or any if the characters. I don't own any of this.

Damian is a little OC, and as the title says he has a secret.

Damian POV

I have a secret that only my mother knows. I was born without the use of my ears. I am deaf, and since i was born my mother taught me how to speak as if I could hear, and she taught me how to read lips. I can hear a little, but it seems as if I was underwater. My mother never told Grandfather for fear of what he would do and say. If he learned that I could never be perfect than he could have me killed, enslaved, or sent away. One day my mother came to me and told me I was to meet my father, and to not tell him I was deaf. That he must learn it for himself, but I was to not be afraid of him learning my secret. My father would not harm me when he learned the truth.

I stood behind a curtain as mother spoke with father. When she pulled the curtain to the side. I walked out approaching father.

"Hello Father I thought you would be taller," I said as he looked down at me.

We left the boat watching from the docks as mother left. I looked up to father watching him in case he spoke.

"So mother has made me you responsibility," I said with my arms crossed.

"Something like that," he replied.

"I don't need a babysitter. I do fine on my own," I said and its true I do fine on my own.

"So do I but things have changed," he said turning way from me walking towards a strange car.

I followed so I could see his face. "I'll drive."

"No," father said.

"I know how," I protested and I assume he said no again. I am not sure as what he said was muffled. So I got in the passenger seat.

When we got to the batcave I stepped out looking around. "So this is the fabled Batcave."

"I assume this is the young master that will be staying with us," an elderly man I assumed was Pennyworth said walking towards.

"Hello Pennyworth, I have heard about you," I said looking around, " where are the rest of the sevants."

"I am the sum total," he replied.

I turned to father and asked him, "you only have one servant?"

"He is not a servant he is a friend," father said.

I walked away looking around. Pennyworth came and guides me into the manor. After he had left I lay down, but could not sleep. After a while I finally feel asleep. I did not know how long I would be here, but I did not expect to stay. It would not take long for me to want to stay.

One year later.

Father had disappeared, but we brought him back. A lot had happened. The summit was attacked, I learned I had a clone, mother killed the clone terrifying me, and mother died. It was a lot to process. All I wanted was to sleep and cry silently. I may not of like mother, but I still loved her. When she killed my clone it scared me because I was afraid that she would do the same to me.

Father and I sat outside after everything was over. I kept thinking about mother dying. The ship exploded and she was on it. Father had placed a hand on my shoulder then. Now we were at the manor and he was talking to me about all of this. Though I could not hear him clearly I could read his lips. His voice sounded like it was underwater.