Chapter 9

They stayed outside for about another hour until Niall's eyes began feeling heavy. Liam noticed this and carried him back to his house, snuggling under the covers together when getting into his room. The alpha peered out through the window and took in a few more shots of a beautiful night before finally falling asleep himself.

A bright ray of sunlight woke Niall up first. He sat up from his bed, gently pulling away from Liam who held him closely under the sheets. He flipped over, still asleep, groaning subtly under his adorable snoring.

Niall grinned a little and got off of his bed, closing the blinds to bring in some darkness. This gave him time to think about the last few days with someone he's known for only a few days. Someone who owns his heart now.

It all happened faster than his travel to Oaktown, yet a sense of comfort and relief took over him when finally getting to have someone in his life. A person who could actually understand and be there for him in the future.

He was startled when hearing Liam growl in his sleep after freshening up for the day ahead of him. With care, he tiptoed over to him and moved the hair away from his face piece by piece. A soft hum leaves past Liam's slightly parted lips when he began to smile.

Moments later, his eyes flutter open and ocean eyes meet a pair of dark brown ones. They always get the Irishman's heart racing, and he liked it.

"Good morning, Liam."

The alpha grins a little and fixates his eyes on Niall who looked gorgeous, even in the darkness that they were in.

"Morning, love." His voice was husky, deeper than usual and it sent a pleasant string of goosebumps along Niall's exposed arms and legs.

He only wore boxers at around this time and he could do whatever pleases in his own him, even if Liam was staring at his body harder than anything else.

"Do you want me to make us some breakfast? I can make a few egg sandwiches and sausages. Unless werewolves have a different appetite." Liam's stomach grumbles in response, making them both chuckle. "I will take that theory as a no. I shall make us that then while you go get freshened up." He begins to stand up, but Liam pulls him back down carefully and kisses both of his temples. Niall found that action cute. "I have a few outfits that my brother gave me. They're too big on me, so they should fit you." He thinks of a quick idea. "We can go shopping after my classes today."

Liam nods and finally removes the covers over him, revealing his toned upper body. This sight could kill anybody, but Niall keeps his composure and leaves the room after getting a little nervous. Why am I acting like this? I'm a grown man, Niall thought to himself.

He shakes it away and heads down the short hall filled with pictures to the kitchen. After grabbing a few pans, he grabs a few ingredients and begins making dinner for himself and Liam until he hears a knock at the door.

With several steps, he makes it to the door and opens it to see Perrie. She's grown to be one of his best friends, and he didn't mind it since he's never had a proper girlfriend to hang out with. She's unique, in the best ways.

"What's going on? You look a bit-"

"Lonely? Yes. Louis and Harry are spending all the time in the world together while Josh and Zayn are catching up. I was always left out in the group, at least numerous times, and it sucked." A long sigh escapes past her lips. She crosses her arms. "Now that you and Liam are basically bonded for life, I have nobody."

Niall shakes his head. "Hey, that isn't true. I can still be here for you, even when Liam gets super clingy." He reveals a bright, caring smile. "I don't mind it one bit."