Chapter 6

The next morning, Niall woke up to a killer headache and a couple sets of eyes on him. He noticed Perrie first and sent her a confused gaze. What was going on?

Before he could say a word, Perrie speaks and stands up from a chair in the far corner. Zayn sat in the other, watching and listening to her every move and word respectively.

“Zayn and I have a lot to explain, and it all may sound bizarre and highly unrealistic.” She bites her bottom lip. “We need you to know that honesty is our best policy, so what the two of us may tell you next are true.”

Niall feels like he can't breathe, subtly gasping for air. Heat continues to engulf his body and he doesn't know what to do about it. The other two take notice of this struggle and feel sorry for such a vulnerable human.

“Niall...” Zayn spoke softly after getting the washcloth. He left to make it cold again then went back to Niall to press it against his forehead in a delicate manner. “I have given you only a bit of my honesty, not enough to feel that trust is something that I can get. It will-”

The Irishman shakes his head. “I trust you.” He smiles with what energy he had. “Just give me some time to rest, okay? I don't even know what happened last night.” He groans under his breath.

Perrie and Zayn glance at each other quickly before sitting at either side of him on his bed.

“Have you ever seen Twilight,” Perrie asked. Zayn gave her a look of concern, yet she brushed him off.

Niall nods a little in response, lips pursed. “Yeah, the first few, why?” He lets out a second groan and attempts to sit up, but remains lied down on his bed.

She sends him a small grin. “So you know about werewolves and the imprinting process? It's kind of a cheap view on it-- the only view, uhm...”

“I do know about it, yes. It's where a werewolf imprints a human and basically attaches themselves to that specific person. They eventually fall in love after being friends and can't live without them. Is that right?”

Perrie smiles and hums softly. “Exactly...” She thinks for a moment. Should she tell him anything more? For her, Zayn, and Harry's sake, it'd lead to trouble. “I think that's enough knowledge about werewolves today; they're just so intriguing, you know?”

She stands up from the bed and feels Niall gently grab at her wrist, pulling her back down with the minuscule energy that he still had at his disposal.

“What else do you know about werewolves?”

Perrie looks down at him while exhaling shakily. She didn't know what to say or tell him when he's already gone through so much in the last twenty-four hours.

“There are a lot of concepts and theories around them, most of them are accurate outside of Twilight.” She earns a light laugh from Niall. “Werewolves are strong beings, though. They run faster than any other creature. Their loyalty to the pack and friendships are stronger than what people are capable of handling. Imprinting goes a long way, but the imprinter takes care of the human and keeps their full attention and care on them when it comes to any situation. It can lead to betrayal because of their secure attachment to them, ignoring anybody else, unless they can fight that.”

Niall lets all of the information sink in, head still pounding. Zayn made sure that the washcloth was always cold enough to cool his friend down. Liam would be in this position because of last night, but Zayn grew a friendship with the human. He felt obligated to aid him for Liam, though.

“So, hypothetically, if I were to be imprinted by a werewolf, he would make sure that I'm always tended to and cared for? No matter what situation we're in?”