Chapter 7

Zayn and Perrie gave the pair some space by exiting and leaving to find Harry who would've found Louis by now.

Niall stares deep into Liam's eyes and tries to figure out more about him. The way he breathes, the color of his eyes, a figure that's undeniably perfect, a soft tone of voice which draws him in deeper. This is the second time he's seen Liam, yet he felt entranced. Every inch of this man was brand new in the best way.

Liam stares right back, eyes getting lost in the smaller man in front of him. He never wanted to look away from such a sight, breathing never returning to normal since he first laid eyes on Niall. With each detail that he takes in, he falls deeper in the pit of his imprinting, heart beating roughly against his chest. Niall controlled his emotions and state of mind now. He couldn't live without the human, even if he tried.

The details he noticed from last night drew back into his train of thought. The way Niall's eyes crinkled from the moonlight dripping in, the way his lips parted when looking up at him while sitting in the darkness. It all came flooding back and neither of them missed a beat in due time. Niall admired Liam and vice versa.

They stayed like this for the next few hours. Liam kept his hold on Niall, even when the moonlight dipped into sight. The Irishman never hesitated to move, feeling safe in his arms. He had many questions that he wanted answers to, though.

Once it was around eleven in the evening, Niall got up from his bed and looked down at the buff male whose eyes slipped closed. He admired him in all aspects and wished that they would've met sooner.

He exits the room to enter the living room, finding Perrie and Zayn who came back with the rest of their small group. He was surprised to see fresh faces.

“Hey, erm... Louis and Josh, right,” he questioned with a soft tone. He didn't know who was who, so guessing seemed to be the only option.

Although, they nodded respectively and gave him a firm handshake before he sat down beside Perrie.

“We told them all about you and how you've come into our lives.” Perrie smiles. “You're one of the main reasons why Liam is here, now, so Zayn thought it'd be a good idea to explain your position here.”

Niall nodded, lips parted slightly. “Right.” He grins. “I still don't know how or why this Liam is so attached to me, but I'm assuming that I'll be given that information now? Unless he should-”

“We can inform you all about what he's done,” Perrie assured and looked at him right in the eyes. Niall nods and listens intently. “He has imprinted you, just like we talked about not too long ago. He's grown attached to everything about you and that will never change from here on out. This gives him a big reason and purpose to stay here.”

Niall frowns, arms crossing at a slow pace. “Does this mean that he's a-”

“We are all werewolves, Niall. All six of us, but don't be alarmed-”

“Don't be alarmed?!” The Irishman shoots up from his place on the couch, shocked and filled with fear from this new realization. They had to be lying to him, right? Werewolves didn't exist. They didn't. Right? “You three seriously kept this from me? I can't believe this...” His focus was on Harry, Zayn, and Perrie who looked at the flustered human sorrowfully.

They sighed at different volumes, not wanting to provoke their human friend any longer because they never kept a person in their life like Niall. A person that was normal and would teach them so much without getting scared by their true form. They needed him for many instances, and they'd do anything to keep it that way, especially for Liam.

The alpha desired him most and to have Niall ripped away from him would ruin his entire life. His heart would be broken and he wouldn't be able to live on any longer. Imprinting binds them together to a point of restriction and trust that Liam never wants to let go.

“Niall, please, you don't need to be afraid of any of us, okay?” Perrie takes Niall's hands carefully with her own, bringing him beside her again. “We don't have any intentions or harming you. We're here to learn more about the human race and hopefully make a few human friends.” She sighs, smiling a little. “All of us needed an escape from our original home in the forest for this particular reason. You are one of the many reasons that give us hope for a better future. We need you.”

Niall takes all of what she said in, debating on whether or not he'd want all of this for himself. He's already made a solid friendship with Zayn and has shown zero hostility towards him, so that doesn't ruin their reputation immediately. Perrie and Harry have come apart of his life also, but Louis and Josh arrived only minutes ago. Could he trust them with his life?

But then there's Liam. He's shown nothing but kindness and gentle actions that make him happy, that gives him a  chance to breathe and live a brand new life. He needed that after all of the stress he's been in these last few months, but they're werewolves. Folklore that's only seen in books and television shows. Seeing them in the flesh felt surreal, fear being one of many emotions that surged throughout his entire body. He had no clue how to handle such a situation in a short amount of time.

“I think...” He lets out a shaky exhale. “I think I need some space to think about all of this, please-- i-it's all just so much! Way too much for someone who's constantly busy like I am. I need a breather.”

They all nod and oblige his wishes, heading towards the door while Liam enters the living room. He frowns and attempts to speak up, but Niall gained enough confidence throughout his short banter.

“Why didn't you tell me?” The Irishman's voice spat out like poison, but Liam kept his guard up.

“I was going to, Niall, honest... I just wanted to see you again after last night and live in the moment.” He bites his lower lip. “I promise to be fully honest with you for the rest of our lives because... without you... I can't live on.” His voice became clear and it sent shivers down Niall's spine. He had no clue what to respond with.

They stood there for a good moment until Niall nodded to himself, dragging Liam along back to his bedroom to show him a particular object. He brought it out after opening his dresser and Liam frowns, grabbing it with hesitancy because of its odd shape.

“Perrie found this crystal at the top of that small cliff near my house when she was taking me back. Do you have any idea what this is?”

Liam attempted to figure out if Niall was angry or not, letting his tone sink in until he nodded shortly. “Yeah... I found it... inside your house. Shït, I forgot I came in here.” He groans and grits his teeth. Why?

“I'm not mad, just...” Niall bites his tongue gently. “It belonged to my father until he gave it to me right before I moved here. This crystal meant a lot to him and I didn't even notice that it was gone, but you took it... Do you remember why?”

Liam is the one who looks nervous now. His head begins to throb a little when trying to remember last night's events. His thoughts wandered off after Niall passed out and left, leaving him alone until he snuck away from the meadow to peer into Niall's house.

He wasn't thinking straight. He reached for any object and took it with him to his signature spot, thoughts still extremely cloudy when holding it in his hand to have a piece of Niall in his grasp. Imprinting took a huge grasp of his emotions and scrambled them in a huge mess.

Niall took hold of his life and now he relied on him for his scrambled up emotions. Happiness, anger, sadness, and confusion. The Irishman would aid him with it all.

“I needed...” Liam looks deep into his eyes. “I needed to have a piece of you in my life when in the state that took over me. You are the core of my world now that I've imprinted you, but seeing you walk away...” Shivers crawled up and down his side. “I can't imagine that.”

Niall looks at him, eyes wandering over the expression that he held on his face. It told so much.

“Just promise me one thing.”

Liam nods. “Anything. I'll promise anything.”

“Promise to never hurt me.”

~*~

Author's Note: Niam stuffs happened this chapter and I hope you're still enjoying this and are waiting for some real action... I love you all and thanks for reading x