Chapter 3

Niall expected a calm, free day at his small home until venturing back out into a town that grew on him, but it all changed when hearing his doorbell go off a day after Zayn began acting weird and talked about himself.

He stepped to his front door and was shocked to see Perrie standing there, arms crossed. “Can I come in? We need to talk about Zayn.”

Niall allowed her in, wondering who this woman was and why she wanted to talk with him in the first place. He only knew her because of Zayn who began his break from work, staying clear of everybody in town.

“Sorry to basically barge in when I basically don't know any of you, but I think we can form a really great friendship if you play your cards right.” Niall raises his brow, curious of Perrie's intentions.

“How can I even trust you if Zayn only knows you because of your guy's past? He seemed to want to forget about everything when we talked yesterday, and you were apart of that conversation.”

She sat down on his couch, getting relaxed while he made tea in his kitchen. He could still hear her speak to him when making it.

“That's just Zayn being the cautious person he's grown up to be. We were really close back then: him, Harry, me, and a few other people. That was until he left our previous home and began a new life, leaving us all behind.” She sighs, obviously frustrated. “It's why we're here now, looking for Zayn to get him back in our group and start a new life here, all together. We're still waiting for the others to get down here, though.”

Niall hums and sets Perrie's drink down in front of her.

“How many friends do you lot have? It can't be too much for this small town.” He grew curious about her group.

She smiles. “There are six of us. Me, Harry, Zayn, Josh, Louis, and Liam. We all grew up together before getting old and having our own responsibilities to focus on.” A look of distress makes its way onto her face. “I think you and Louis would get along well, though. He's a sarcastic, little ball of sunshine. A happy person, nonetheless.”

I nod shortly, taking a sip from my mug of tea. “I have those moments here and there, yes, but my life isn't always so pleasant and endearing. This person must live a perfect life, wherever he is.”

She shakes her head, letting a small laugh out. “No, definitely not. Where he is, there are many rules that need to be followed.” She shivers. “Zayn made the right choice in leaving, I'll give him credit for that, but I still wish for us to get back together as a whole and live here, away from the rules and leaders that controlled our lives in a ridiculing way.”

Niall began to understand Zayn's attitude towards everything, enough to respect Perrie and Harry for coming to this town. Wherever they lived before sounded like hell, and he felt bad for them all.

“Maybe you will have your reunion soon. I wish I can help, but I'm probably useless for this type of situation.” His tone shifted into an emotional one, catching Perrie's attention enough to shake her head.

“No, you can help... Niall, right?” He nods, earning a soft nod from Perrie. “If you get Zayn to meet up with Harry and me, then we can discuss a few things easier.”

Niall remembered something after hearing Harry's name again. “Hold on... Zayn said that Harry was going to take his shifts while he took a few days off. I thought they weren't on good terms?”

This earns another sigh from Perrie. “He has troubles with Harry that remain unfixed, yet can't help but trust him enough on certain terms. Their relationship is strange and confusing, even for me.” She laughs a little. “You can trust Harry though, don't worry.”