Chapter 5

The full moon eventually lit up the entire town, dripping into the forest and ocean alike. Its radiating and pleasantly blue beams pierced through windows and eyes of many who took some time to notice it.

Niall couldn't fall asleep that night. Instead, he looked out his window and appreciate a gorgeous view that was never important to him. The more he gazed into the moon, the more he enjoyed its purpose. It's almost like the spherical rock dragged him into some sort of trance and beckoned him to stay and never leave.

He gets startled when hearing his front door suddenly slam close. His heart beats rapidly against his chest, scared out of his mind. This deepens when he hears footsteps traveling closer on the outside of his door.

It gets intense enough for Niall to slip out of bed and grab his bat from the closet, turning around just in time to see that it was Perrie. He grew confused in a matter of seconds, wondering what she could've wanted.

It was until she pulled out her phone and showed Niall the texts, causing the Irishman to grow more concerned and skeptical of the situation he's been put into.

“What does this have to do with anything? And you could've knocked and not scared me half to de-”

“That isn't important for now!” She gritted her teeth in obvious frustration, making Niall sigh shakily in submission. He never liked getting yelled at. “This is about Zayn and how we need to find him before he does something so fücking idiotic and-” She groans, slamming her phone against the wall. Luckily, it doesn't break at all, and she picks it up with a gentle huff.

Niall looks at her, shocked beyond compare. “Why are you so scared about Zayn? He's only a human being with moderate strength. That doesn't sound too terrifying to me, Perrie.” She sighs and rolls her eyes, grabbing his hand to lead him out into his own backyard.

“He's much more than that, and so are Harry and I. It's a long, terrifying, and confusing story, but I promise you that we'll get to talk about it after everything's done and finished, alright? You may not believe us or will get extremely bewildered by us, though. None of us are ordinary here.” Her voice screamed honesty and it worried Niall because of how serious the situation has gotten.

It pushed him to look out into the forest and see the wind blow against the tall trees. Rustling leaves could be heard from their distance away from one of nature's habitats, and it sent shivers down Niall's spine.

“What if he's in the forest? Looking for the others to get them out and risking his own life.” Her eyes grow wide in surprise, lips parting as she thought about the idea at a short enough time.

“You may be onto something. All we can do is try and look for him. If it doesn't work out, then the only thing we can hope for is him coming back home safe and sound, away from his past that he wanted to forget.”

Niall nods and feels a chill run down his spine at the thought of how dangerous it can be in the forest. He shakes his head to himself of those thoughts.

“Let's go and try and find him then.”

Perrie nods and takes the lead when walking through the path behind Niall's small apartment. He follows a short distance behind and keeps his attention on all angles. At any moment, either of them could get apprehended.

Nothing else was glued into his train of thought until he noticed a glorious meadow placed at a certain spot. It drew him in completely, beckoning him closer to sit in the middle of it while Perrie frowns and looks over.

“Niall, what the hell are you-” Her eyes grow wide when seeing a familiar brunette.

She gained his attention while he stepped closer to the human, shaking her head at him in defense over Niall.