Chapter 15

Niall laid against Liam after their time of love and appreciation for each other. Neither expected it to last so long, but the of them enjoyed it completely. It gave Niall the chance to think about what he wanted and has thought about for a few days, fearing that it wouldn't go well for him at the same time.

He peers into Liam's eyes and bites his bottom lip, heart thumping roughly against his own. Liam gazes right back at him, a smile curling at the corner of his lips until he heard the one question that he thought he'd never hear.

“Can you change me into a werewolf,” Niall questioned. A small grin appeared on his face when letting it spill, sitting up to get comfortable and pull on his clothing. They'd already cleaned up their sticky and sweaty mess a few moments after it was done.

Liam shook head, though. Niall pouted. “I don't want you to be a werewolf. I want you to stay human.” Liam's voice was stern, clear enough to make the Irishman offended.

He stands up and scoffs. “Are you serious?!” Niall was angry because this was what he wanted. Nothing else would bring him more joy than becoming a werewolf and it's stuck with him for a few days now. Why did Liam argue with him?

Liam sighs, “it's the best option.” He also stands up and pulls on his own clothing. His facial expression remained serious. “I don't want anybody to try and find you because alphas can still take you away from me even though I've imprinted you. It's about safety and our bond.”

Niall shakes his head and turns away from him. “Don't come home with me. I need some space.” Liam wanted to testify, but Niall was already walking off with his arms crossed. He let out a short sigh and knew that this argument would pass by quick enough for him to be there in the morning.

The walk back home took a few minutes, Niall shivering under a bright moonlight that cascaded over him. He slammed his front door shut after making it inside, letting out a long exhale when traveling down the short hall where a basket of dirty clothing was sat on the floor. The washer and dryer are placed in front of it, giving Niall easy access to put the clothes in the washer immediately so he could lie down.

“I want to keep you safe, love. I want to make sure that nobody takes you away. I'm such a strong, gorgeous asshole.” Niall huffs and pours some detergent into the machine, not noticing that a little dripped onto the floor near his feet. “I'm Liam and I know exactly what I'm doing,” Niall spoke in a mocking tone, laughing sarcastically to himself. “Yeah fücking right.” He throws all of his clothes into the washer, after starting it up, and slams the lid closed in pure anger.

Before he knew it, the detergent that dripped onto the floor made him slip and fall right onto his ass. He clenches his jaw and lets out a long exhale before standing up to wipe the sticky substance off of his clothes bottom.

Niall then walks into his bedroom and instantly intakes Liam's scent. With a shake of his head, the Irishman slams his bedroom door shut and punches it. The anger that's been built up made a moderately sized hole, making him even more pissed off than necessary. Although, he shrugs it off and plops onto his bed to better himself.

He looks around his room and starts to think about the choices of his actions and words toward Liam. It didn't last too long since all that could be seen were the lids of his eyes when falling asleep after such a long and draining day.

Niall wakes up the next morning and freshens up immediately after noticing sun rays beaming into his room. He goes into his kitchen right afterward, eyes rolling when hearing the front door open at a cautious pace. He smells Liam's scent.

The werewolf steps into the kitchen and sighs, heart aching since he hadn't held Niall in so long. “When will the two of us finally get a chance to-”

“When you finally let me be a werewolf,” Niall cut him off. He turns toward Liam and raises his brow, jaw clenching. It takes a lot for Niall to get defeated after he asks for something and doesn't receive it right away. This was one of those situations.

Liam sighs and steps up to him, eyes never looking away from the bright blue ones that never leave his train of thought.

He speaks softly, “I just need time... okay? I need to savor what we have before risking the chance of watching you get taken away because there are so many alphas out there who would do such a thing.” Liam's tone was also serious, enough to make Niall sigh and unclench his jaw completely.

The Irishman responds, “nothing is going to happen to me.” A small smile spreads across his own face. “I won't let anything go wrong when adjusting to this new and rare life. Can't you trust me enough to allow me a chance? Wouldn't it be easier for you if I were a werewolf, as well?”

Liam sighs and takes Niall's hands in his after watching him turn off the stove. “I want you to be safe,” Liam's tone grew firm and dominant. “Nothing is more important to me than your safety and that'd all be gone if you were to change.” He shakes his head. “I can't risk it when you're already so vulnerable because of Isaac. Trust me, please?”

Niall sighs and looks at the birthmark on Liam's neck, the simple detail always catching his eye since their first time last night.

“I can never not trust the one person who loves me with all of their heart.” Liam grins. “As cheesy as that may sound, nobody else has given me this much care and attention. I...” Niall bites his lower lip and feels a chill run down his spine.

Liam frowns because he didn't say anything. “You... what? Lose your breath, love?” He couldn't help but laugh a little, causing a genuine smile to stretch across the Irishman's face.

“N-No, I just... Forget about it, okay? I'll let you back in, but I will keep wanting to be a werewolf even if it kills me,” Niall mumbled the last bit.

Liam could still hear the dark words, though. “Watch your words. Saying stuff like that can really lead to something drastic.” His tone was filled with evident worry.

Niall knew why he acted like this. Liam has always been protective and attentive to what he believed in and he knew that it wouldn't change anytime soon.

“I think I'll be okay as long as everybody keeps me safe and protected,” Niall said with a short smile. He turns and plates the breakfast that he made for himself and Liam. He figured that the werewolf would come back by morning. “Speaking of which, when are they making their way back?”

Liam hums and tries to remember what Zayn had told him right before leaving the house. “I think I heard Zayn say that everyone would be back in a couple of months.” He sighs. “It should have been shorter because I'm still worried about Isaac, yet he's nowhere to be seen.”

Niall laughs a little. “Then you shouldn't feel so worried about him if he hasn't been around for this long,” Niall said with a soft smile. “Also, there is no need to get all worked up when I'm not feeling scared or anxious about him. Remain calm and collected as long as I am. How does that sound?”

Liam agrees by nodding shortly, letting a gentle smile appear on his slightly bearded face. He didn't like shaving since Niall showed him how to do it. He appreciated his manly look. “Okay, that works for me. Both of us should continue to relax and enjoy some alone time together-”

“When I get back from classes and work. I've got a busy day ahead of me, so you'll have to spend some alone time with yourself. Is that something you can handle?”

Liam hums and presses a few, quick kisses to Niall's lips. “Perhaps... Will a reward be in my favor after being alone for such a long time, away from a man who I adore,” Liam asked with a small smirk tugging at the right corner of his lips.

Niall lets out a short laugh, eyes crinkling. “If he so desires a reward, then he will receive one. After last night, I wouldn't mind treating him to anything of the sort for a second time.”

Liam smirks and grips Niall's waist in his hands, holding him close while bringing their foreheads together. He enjoyed doing the simple actions that make his own heart flutter.

“I can't wait to do that again. You were amazing.”

~*~

Author's Note: Ah, a bit of trouble between Niam then it got fixed in like 0.5 seconds. So cute, to be honest. I hope y'all enjoyed, thanks for reading, and love ya lots x