Chapter 22 updated

Chapter 22

Katelyn groaned as she woke. Light was showing through the window and she noticed how achy she felt. She pulled the blankets down a bit and examined her side. No longer, was it gashed and covered in blood, instead, it was stitched and cleaned.

"Morning," Claire said startling her.

"Morning," Katelyn said as she snapped her head over in the direction of her sister.

"I need to get back to school..." Katelyn said partially to herself.

"Kate, you've been through some stuff lately... maybe you should stay for a bit and talk with Zane..." Claire offered.

"You too! I am not going to talk with him! He's a self-centered jerk!"

"Kate, he's not... he's actually... kinda..."

"Don't even say it," she snorted. "I'm going back, right now." She had to leave... before everything went down. She struggled from the bed and stumbled.

"Kate!" Claire screeched jumping to her feet and rushing to her sister's side.

"I got it." Kate grumbled.

The bedroom door quickly popped open and the one man Katelyn was hoping to avoid suddenly was standing there before her. "Hey there, uh..." he said rubbing his head slightly, "Claire would you mind giving us a minute..."

"Sure Zane."

"I don't want to speak to you." Kate rolled her eyes.

"Well I'm going to talk to you," Zane shrugged.

"Well I'm leaving." She struggled to push past him. He caught her as she stumbled.

"You need to rest," he muttered, "I'll have Sara come to your room... Kate, I want you to move in with me. I'll come back after your chat with Sara." He hadn't let go of her yet and she was glaring beyond glaring at him. He pulled her closer and pressed his lips to hers.

She snarled deep in her throat but she couldn't resist the feeling deep within her. It was dragging her deeper toward a feeling she desperately wanted to avoid. She couldn't be around here. She had to get away while she had time. They would find out...

Letting Zane finish the kiss was hard yet not so much... though very satisfying and almost a small victory to Zane. "I'll let her know you're ready for your chat and I'll be back later to help you move."

Though Katlyn wasn't sure what to do in his arms, she nodded. Zane left the room after one more swift kiss on the cheek. Katelyn moved quick and quiet as she stuffed everything she could into her bag. She was leaving once again. No way would she be staying! She slipped out the window before anyone knew she was gone. She ran.