Chapter 10 updated

Chapter 10

It had been a month since Katelyn had returned back to school. Sasha and her had spent their time together in class and then ate lunch together before Katelyn returned back to the house. Sasha had decided not to move in; there had been a slight bonding break when the whole event went down, they were still 'mending.'

"Are you going to stay for dinner?" Sasha questioned. Katelyn had yet to invite her over to the house so Sasha decided it would be a good idea to invite her to stay at the dorm for dinner.

"Uh... no," Katelyn frowned. "I'm meeting up with Grant, Jon, and the girls. Do you want to come?"

Sasha shook her head. Jon had come to visit with Grant and the girls but still he and Sasha hadn't fully rekindled their flame.

"Okay. I'll see you later," Katelyn shrugged.

She drove the distance to the restaurant where she was meeting everyone, gleefully. She hadn't seen her family for all week and she was getting pretty antsy.

"Kaykkay," Grace cooed as she wobbled toward Katelyn.

Katelyn smiled brightly. "You're getting so big!" she beamed at the little girl as she lifted her up into her arms.

"Katelyn, you look radiant," Grant smiled at his sister. He walked up and hugged Katelyn carefully without squishing the bouncing girl in her arms.

"Thanks Grant, and you look..." Katelyn paused, "like you've grown."

Jon chuckled from behind the group and he too walked up. He pulled Katelyn into an embrace and kissed her cheek.

It was wonderful meeting with her family, but Katelyn had often wished that her brother wouldn't bring Jon, so they could go for a run together. They chatted about how the girls were doing in school and what Sara was planning for Christmas break, evidently planning a large party took time, only a few more months away. Eventually, it was time for everyone to head out.

"My mom said to make sure to hand this too you before we leave. She said you can't open it until you get home," Jon said firmly.

Katelyn nodded. Sara had been sending a care package with them every time they had come to visit. Generally a box filled with cookies, prepared meals, fruits, cereal, and school supplies, but today's box seemed different. It was considerably smaller.

"Okay," Katelyn grumbled. "I guess."

"Have a safe trip Kate," Jon waved as he walked away.

Once Jon had driven out of the restaurant driveway, Katelyn tore into the package. She was right. The package was different. Inside was a bundle of money wrapped up in a soft blue dress and a note.

My dearest Katelyn,

Don't question me. I know you are. Please use this money. I don't care on what, but I know you'll find a good use.

We have made sure your fridge is stocked by providing you with the credit card that we asked you to use, but this money is just for you. Go to a movie, buy some clothes, do something.

We will be watching the card to make sure you are using it as well. So please just use this money to enjoy something, don't go buying groceries with it.

We miss you and can't wait for you to come and visit.

Sara

Sara and Brandon had been so kind to her. When Katelyn had first left, Sara had slipped Grant a credit card which he had in turn left with Katelyn when he left. They told her they demanded she bought herself food with it and anything else she needed. Sara wanted to be sure Katelyn was well cared for.

Katelyn shook her head and tucked the money into her purse. She would find a use for it eventually. She had only purchased the absolute essentials with the credit card, maybe she would use the cash for Christmas presents.