Chapter 14 updated

Chapter 14

"I can't believe you are a shifter," Zane exasperated as he paced the kitchen of the pride house.

"Zane, calm down," the alpha scolded his son, Calvin had always been a stern man.

"It's not a normal thing, well for me it is, but normal people it's not. Would you expect someone just to blurt it out to anyone?" Grant rolled his eyes.

"Usually yeah. If you knew you were moving into a pride of cat shifters, yeah, someone would assume that you would tell the pride alpha," Calvin grunted.

"And how was I supposed to know you were like me? I have never met anyone like me before," Grant barked back.

"Well now you have. I guess we need to teach you a few ground rules," Jon sighed. "Wait a moment..."

"What now?" Calvin groaned. He, being the alpha, he had to sit in on the conversation, but now he just wanted to get back to work.

"The female. Don't tell me that was..." Jon paused.

"What are you talking about?" Calvin questioned.

Grant looked around the room anxiously. Exposing himself was okay, but was exposing his sisters' safety?

"Can your sisters shift as well?" Jon said slowly.

"Don't be absurd, Jon," Calvin rolled his eyes. "There hasn't been a female shifter in generations, it's too rare."

"Yes," Grant said slowly, "she can."

"WHICH ONE!" Zane shouted scaring everyone in the room. Grant flinched and shrunk back as he looked up at his new alpha cautiously. "WHICH ONE!" he repeated.

"Lara and Katelyn," Grant replied.

Jon shook his head. He couldn't believe of all the girls his parents took in, they chose an attractive werecat, which he couldn't wait to get his paws on.

"Shit!" Zane growled as he began to pace the room again. "Shit, shit, shit," he repeated over and over.

"Zane, what's wrong?" Calvin asked.

"I need to talk to them," Zane said quickly. "Where are they?"

"Katelyn went back to school a while back. You've just been too busy to notice," Jon rolled his eyes.

"And Lara?" Zane questioned.

"What do you need to speak to them about?" Grant growled. "You need to leave them alone!"

"They are safe here, boy. Calm down." Calvin roared back.

Grant crouched back again this time saying nothing, but glaring none-the-less. "I'll get Lara. Katelyn will be harder to speak with," Jon said looking at Grant as he spoke to Zane.

"I'll call her, I was going to go over there this weekend, maybe I can have her come back here to visit," Grant offered quietly.

"Good," Zane nodded as he walked from the room. He was going to make sure the female he was out in the woods with was not the young sixteen year old girl. He turned his head and called out to Jon, "I'll be in the office, bring Lara to me!"