Chapter 21 updated

Thanks to Cyrania!! For my NEW cover!!!!!!!

Chapter 21

Daylight was not a normal place for a leopard like Katelyn. She was a snow cat but she felt comfortable in the night. She slunk into the house behind Jon and proceeded by Zane. She couldn't believe they went into the house as a cat, even though she had a kitty door back home.

"Kate," Claire called as they all entered, she rushed forward to her sister. She has seen Katelyn in her cat form before all her family had. "I'll get band-aids," Claire mumbled as she hurried away.

"Katelyn..." Grant questioned as he entered the kitchen.

"She's going to be fine." Jon soothed his friend. Kate looked over and he was standing naked beside her with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"How do you explain to someone that you're a big cat and have them, not think you're crazy!" Katelyn screamed into the link.

"Call the doc, mom. I think she'll need stitches. Then she needs to speak with you some..." Jon sighed. "Come on, Kate, I'll bring you to your room."

Katelyn shrunk slightly as she walked past an angry Grant and then hurry up the stairs. Jon pushed the door open and stepped inside. "Come on," he said.

A growl came from behind Jon and Katelyn turned to look at Zane baring his teeth. "What's your problem?" she hissed.

"He can't be alone in there with you." Zane snarled.

"Oh give it up. He isn't going to get lucky." She snapped and noticed Jon start to blush.

"I'll leave you two." Jon said rubbing his hand through his hair.

"Jon!" Katelyn screamed through the link as he disappeared into his room.

As she walked into her room, Zane began to follow. "What are you doing?" she snapped.

"Listen Kate, I can't let you go out the window and run again. Just let me come in. I'll keep my head..." Zane begged.

"Fine," she rolled her eyes as Zane kicked the door closed. He, still in his cat form; he continued toward the window. Curling up he put his head on his paws and relaxed.

Shifting, Katelyn found herself stumbling to her feet. She pulled on a pair of underwear and held them down slightly so that she was careful not to touch the bleeding gash in her side. She pulled on a sports bra and then pulled a baggie T-shirt over her chest and waist. As she took another step, she tripped causing a lamp to fall over.

Before her eyes, Zane shifted, in all his naked glory, to catch her. His strong arms wrap around her and pull Katelyn up to him. "Are you alright?" He said in a whisper.

"Yeah, I've been worse," she groaned.

"Let me," he said lifting her up into his arms.

"Listen," Katelyn huffed, "you can't walk around like this..."

"I can and I will," he snorted.

"I have little sisters," Katelyn scoffed.

"Kitten, you're not leaving this room so I'll be fine." She watched as his bright eyes shown as he looked down at her. His chest was broad and rippled with lean muscles as he held her.

She rubbed her hand through his spiked dark hair. "Okay," she yawned as he pulled the covers off her bed and set her down gently. For some strange reason, she felt soothed by him.

Zane leaned forward and went in to kiss her. He yearned to feel her lips. Katelyn snapped back to life! "What are you doing!" she screeched and slapped at him to get away.

"What does it look like?" he rolled his eyes. "I was going to kiss you."

"Get away!" Katelyn screamed. "Jon! Grant!"

Soon the door burst open and people rushed in. "What's going on?" a woman said, one that Katelyn didn't recognize.

"Nothing." Zane snapped. "Just fix her up."

"Get out Zane." The woman said calmly.

"I'm not leaving." He argued.

"You will leave or she is not getting fixed up." The last thing Katelyn remembered before she drifted off to sleep the woman looking at her as she poked her with a needle.