Chapter 11 updated

Chapter 11

Returning to class day after day was getting harder and harder for Katelyn, why she didn't know. She was tired, exhausted from the regular daily activities.

Sasha had talked and talked Katelyn's entire dorm visit, yet Katelyn had barely registered any of it. It had been another two weeks since her brother had come and visit.

"I'm going to head back," she told Sasha.

"But we didn't even had last period yet," Sasha groaned, "I'm not hungry yet."

Katelyn's eye grew wide. Period. Last period. When was her last period.

"Kate," Sasha waved her hand back and forth, "Hey, what's wrong with you?"

Katelyn shook her head slightly clearing her mind. "Uh yeah... nothing. Hey, I got to go."

Katelyn took off before Sasha could say anything further. Her mind was reeling now. Could she really be pregnant? Her first and only time ever and it was when she was shifted. How could she be pregnant?

She rushed out to her car and started it quickly, barely having time to buckle her seat belt; she spun the tires going out of the drive. Katelyn had to get to the corner store. She had to get a pregnancy test, before anyone she knew got out of class and saw her. Questioned her...

She slammed on the brakes and parked the car in the front of the quick stop, practically running inside. She searched for the personal care isle. There it was the dreaded box; in big bold lettering, "pregnancy" was plastered among its side.

Katelyn looked around nervously and then snatched the box up. She held it tightly to her body, trying to hide it.

"Are you trying to steal that dear?" an older woman questioned as she walked up beside Katelyn.

Katelyn's face burned a bright red and she slowly looked up at the woman. "No," she said timidly.

"Let me see," the woman insisted holding out her hand.

"Please. I'm not going to steal it. I promise, I was going to pay, I just..."

Katelyn didn't get to finish as the woman snatched the box from Katelyn's hand and stared at it curiously.

"Oh," she mouthed.

"Yeah," Katelyn murmured.

"Come along," the woman said softly, as she tucked the box under her arm and walked around the counter. She rang up the box and shoved it into a paper bag. When Katelyn made it to the counter with a bottle of water and a candy bar, the woman smirked. "Well, shouldn't your mother be taking you to the doctor instead of coming here?" the woman asked quietly.

Katelyn sighed, "No, my mother, she..." Katelyn paused she didn't know why the woman seemed like someone she could talk to but she felt so comfortable with her. "She died a little while back; I have to do this on my own."

The woman frowned. "I'm sorry about that darling. If you want to talk... you can always come back here and talk. I don't have anyone either. I understand how that is. Here, it's on the house." The woman pushed the bag forward and Katelyn looked at her confusion on her face.

"Huh?"

"Just make sure you come back and tell me the results," the woman smiled.

"Okay..." Katelyn replied slowly. She grabbed the bag and made her way out.

Once she was outside she turned back around and walked to her car. She was thankful that it was just the woman that had seen her. She didn't know what Sasha would think if she found out.

Katelyn drove in a blurry haze toward her house. Once she got home she parked and made her way in still glazed over and fuzzy. Sugar, the tiger striped tabby that Katelyn had adopted from a shelter to fill her loneliness, meowed and rubbed against Katelyn's leg as she entered.

"Hey Sugar," Katelyn said breaking out of her haze.

The cat had a way of breaking through the fuzz. Katelyn picked up the tabby cat and petted her soft fur before setting her back down, this time on the backside of a chair.

Katelyn had drank the entire bottle of water while on her way home, hoping it would fill her enough to make her have to pee for the test. Thankfully, she did, even though she examined the directions and it suggested doing the test in the morning for the best results, she needed to know now.

Half hour later, Katelyn was still staring at the stick on the bathroom counter. Finally taking a deep breath, Katelyn stood up grabbed the dreaded thing and chucked it in the trash. She washed her hands and grumbled to herself as she walked out of the room.

Without even bothering to take off her clothing, Katelyn shifted mid stride, ripping them to bits, and went straight out the door.