Chapter 9 updated

Chapter 9

Later that day, Grant and Katelyn said their goodbyes. Katelyn took a quick shower and then drove the hour drive to her school. She had stayed in the dorms because it was just easier with such a large family in such a medium sized home to get the space she needed. Her parents had never needed to pay for the schooling anyway. That was what her scholarship was for.

As Katelyn was walking into her first class of the day, Sasha spotted her. "You have some nerve!" Sasha screeched causing the entire hallway to stare at them.

"Sash, please you need to let me explain. It's not what you think, I would never do that to you," Katelyn groaned.

Sasha rolled her eyes. Katelyn grunted, "Listen, please let me come back to the dorm and talk to you after classes."

"Fine," Sasha spat, "but if you are just going to say you were sleeping with Jon behind my back..." Katelyn stopped Sasha's banter with her hand raised and pressed to Sasha's lips.

"I know you know I wouldn't do that!"

"I guess. Come on, I don't want to be late to class again," Sasha huffed.

Katelyn chuckled as she followed Sasha in the classroom, "Again?"

"Just drop it."

After their classes were done for the day, Katelyn dragged Sasha back to the dorm. She was surprised that being gone for such short time and Sasha had already completely redecorated.

"What did you do?" Katelyn gasped, she held her hand to her face, trying not to laugh her butt off.

"Well, I was sort of lonely," Sasha shrugged. She looked around the dorm room and waved her hand about the hundreds of photographs.

"I see you really did miss me, didn't you?" Katelyn grinned as she examined one of her favorite photos. It was of her and Sasha posing in their evening dresses right before the welcome to the dorm party. They both didn't know each other then but Katelyn knew from the first hello she would be friends with Sasha for a long time to come.

"Yeah well," Sasha hugged herself uncomfortably. "You had something to say, so... just say it."

Katelyn gulped and frowned slightly as she began to move about the dorm room. "Do you want to move into my parent's house with me? It's only an hour from here."

Sasha's brows furrowed, "what are you talking about?"

"My parents, they were in an accident," Katelyn turned around and faced her friend, "They died Sash. My parents died. Jon's parents took us in. Well my siblings, I'm going to finish school here."

"Oh my goodness!" Sasha cried out and rushed her friend as if they had never fought. "I'm so sorry!"

"Yeah, just let's not talk about that right now. I just want my friend back." Katelyn grumbled.

"I'm so sorry," Sasha mumbled. "Please don't tell me anything happened..."

"Don't..." Katelyn warned.

"Yeah, I knew nothing did all along. I..." Sasha mumbled.

"It's okay. Hey let's go get something for lunch."