Chapter 15 update

Chapter 15

Katelyn was tired. Beyond tired, exhausted even. She had ran for what seemed like hours. When she finally came back home, she dropped just inside the house and curled up on the couch, too tired to make it up the stairs.

Katelyn groaned when she woke stiff. Slowly, she sat up stretching before she moved.

She knew she had only a little time before her brother would be calling, asking to come visit. She didn't want to sound too groggy when she talked to him.

Katelyn hopped in the shower; thankful she didn't have class today. She washed her long brown hair and scrubbed her body gently stopping slightly over her stomach before she continued further.

She finally left the shower when the water became too cool for her human skin. Stepping out, she wrapped a towel around her torso and patted across the room to her closet.

Katelyn had taken over her parents' room when she moved back in. The scent alone comforted her. Yes, she had to move a bit of things around, but the space suited her well.

She dug through her closet and pulled out a comfortable pair of clothing before slipping them on and walking back down to the kitchen for breakfast. As her feet hit the kitchen floor, the sound of her cell began to ring loudly through the house.

"Right on time," she grumbled to herself as she reached for the phone.

Lifting it up, she pressed talk then shoved it to her ear. "Morning Grant."

"Katelyn, how are you doing today?" he asked.

"Fine," she said softly. Really, she didn't feel fine. She wanted to rush across the house and spill her guts out in to the toilet, but she held firmly. "Listen Grant, you can't come over today. I'm not feeling the greatest."

"What?" Grant questioned. "If you're sick, I can have Sara watch the girls. I can come stay with you, take care of you for a while," Grant said quickly. "Just say the word."

"No Grant," Katelyn chuckled softly. "It's fine. Just tell them I love them."

The siblings carried on their conversation for what felt like way too long for Katelyn. Grant went on about how Grace was now running around the grassy yard and had even without many words in her vocabulary convinced Sara to redo her room in pink and stuffed animals. They talked about how Lara and Claire had been doing so well in school, they had made many friends on the property and then Grant paused...

"Grant?" Katelyn questioned.

"Kate, can you come here for the weekend?" He said quickly.

"NO Grant. I can't." Katelyn quickly replied. "I'll see you in a few though for the holidays," with that she said one final word, "Goodbye," before hanging up the phone.

She didn't wait for Grant's return call. Instead, she raced out of the kitchen and spewed her guts into the toilet. Morning sickness was kicking her ass.

How would she ever explain a pregnancy to her brother? Even worse, how would she explain it to her sisters! She wanted badly to convey the right message to them, wait until you're married, at least wait for love, but that was not going to happen when they saw her growing stomach.