Holding Onto You Chapter 18

Hunter's pov

The music got louder with every step I took and I could hear Tyler screaming my name but I didn't want to speak to him.

I just wanted Vincent.

I wanted him to tell me that what I was feeling was normal. Because right now I was feeling something I've never ever felt before.

A certain part of my body was getting... Hard.

And stiff and throbbing as if it were on fire by just one touch from Tyler.

I heard a few people laughing and talking and I walked toward them.

"Hunter hey you need help getting in?" A guy who I recognized was Leo my neighbor asked.

"Yeah, the music seems to be coming from everywhere. so it's impossible to follow. If you don't mind can you take me to Vincent."

"I don't mind at all. My girlfriend will anyways be looking for me inside. With Vincent's stupid rule of no smoking in his house, my pals and I had to come outside. And not following the rules of Vincent is worse than murder." He chuckled.

"Yeah he sure has a way of forcing his rules on you." I told him as he held my hand and led me inside. "But he means well. If it wasn't for him I would not have survived in school."

"Hunter I know that I've always made an excuse not to hang out with you all these years but I was stupid and I'm sorry. If my girlfriend has to find out how mean I was to you when you use to come to the playground, she'll dump my ass for sure. And I'd die without her. You have to meet her, she's amazing." He said out of the blue and I shook my head.

"Don't be silly Leo, we were just kids."

"I know but I'm still sorry." He apologized. "You're ready to go in?"

"Yeah, I think so." My nervousness returned and I remembered what Tyler did. The weirdness in my pants was gone but I still felt funny.

"Hunter." I froze when I heard Tyler behind me and I held Leo's hand tighter.

"Hunter I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I wasn't thinking, shit Hunt I'm so sorry." He apologized but I didn't turn his way. I just couldn't face him.

"Let's go in Leo." he quickly opened the door and pulled me in as Tyler called my name.

"Are you okay Hunter?" I nodded. "I want you to meet my girlfriend before we find Vincent." Leo shouted over the music and I nodded again.

He started walking with me following, my hand still firmly placed in his.

'Kerry." I heard him call, and I wondered if it was the same Kerry that Mr. Carson always scolded for not knowing any of the answers.

"Leo." She said and I could feel her eyes on me. "Hunter right?" Her voice was so soft and sweet.

"Yeah. How are you?" I asked her, being as polite as possible.

"I'm very good thanks and how are you?" She was just as polite and I smiled.

"I'm well thanks."

"He's so adorable Leo." She told her boyfriend and I blushed like mad.

"Kerry did I fail to mention that Hunter is my neighbor?" Leo said sounding sheepish and Kerry squealed.

"Really, we are so coming to visit you Hunter. Be prepared to see a lot of us from now on. I-I mean not see but... Agh you know what I mean honey." She pulled me into a tight hug and I blushed even more not knowing what to do. She smelled so good and her skin was so soft.