Holding Onto You Chapter 40

Vincent's pov

It was Thursday and tonight was the night my football dreams come true. A scout was coming to see my performance to select me for the college side and I won't lie I was nervous.

Finn wasn't yet fit enough to play which angered me and I hated that Hunter felt guilty about it.

"I'm glad coach is at least letting me wear my kit and sit on the bench so I don't feel completely excluded from the game. I'm going to watch your every move. Don't let that weird guy from the other team get to you, remember what happened last time." Finn told me as he handed me my arm pads.

"I am not going to give anyone​ a broken nose today. Getting selected is far more important." I replied as I strapped them on.

"You are going to impress them so much that they will select you immediately." Finn burst out and I smirked.

"Aw look at you." I teased him. "I have a feeling that you've always checked me out when I play. Finny you really are something you know that."

Finn was trying to hide how sad and depressed he was that he couldn't play but I knew him well enough to read every emotion of his. He was also terrified that he wouldn't be able to play at all because since yesterday he's been having a lot of pain by his ribs and it's really worrying me.

"Vince I just want your dreams to come true and you to be happy. I can already picture it. College, football, an amazing career, Hunter, a family, and I'm going to make sure you get everything you deserve." He told me with so much hope.

"I want the same for you Finny and much more. You are going to... wait a second, Hunter?" I'm sure he said Hunter somewhere in my future.

"Yes Vincent, you are going to marry Hunter and spend the rest of your life with him and no one is going to stop that from happening." He assured me with a smile that finally reached his eyes.

"Finn I don't understand what..." I was cut off by Brian.

"Hunter insisted he wants to meet you before the game and I don't mind because I get to see you in your sexy football gear." He leaned up and kissed me but I was still confused at what Finn said.

"Well after the game you can help me take it all off." I replied and kissed him back.

"Hunt you have to be the loudest cheering for me, I want to hear you on the field okay." I told Hunter when I pulled away from Brian. "Just make sure you don't sound like Tyler."

"Not even my squeaky voice sounds like him, I don't know how he does it. But I will definitely be the loudest cheering fan because I'm your biggest fan in the whole world." Hunter promised.

"And I'm yours." I whispered to him.

"Right well let's go Warriors." Coach announced. "Vincent I am very proud of you son. Do your best."

"You bet coach." It was very seldom that Mr. Edwards called me by my name.

"My good luck kiss." I turned to Brian and he gave me one that definitely set my confidence high.

Finn joined Mark and the rest of the guys and Brian took Hunter's hand and was leading him out but I quickly held Hunter's arm and gave him a kiss on his cheek without Brian even noticing before leading the team to the field.

We were almost done with the game with a very tight score and we were in the middle of a touchdown with my team dodging the defense with ease. I got the ball and ran into a defense player who got knocked down and left in my dust as I passed him and scored. The crowd cheered and I turned to them when I noticed that Hunter had stood up with his friends and he was on the edge of the highest bleachers and any wrong move could cause him to fall. Why didn't the bleachers have any side panels. I couldn't concentrate on the goal I needed to score because Hunter could not fall. The ball was thrown to me and I just needed to kick it into the goal post but I dropped the ball and pulled my helmet off and ran just making it in time as Hunter fell and I caught him falling on the grass with him.