Holding Onto You Chapter 12

Hunter's POV

Finn held my hand firmly but gently as he led me to who knows where and I followed silently knowing he wouldn't harm me. He just wanted to talk and I wasn't going to act like a wimp who needs Vincent all the time even when his best friend wants to talk to me.

He led me outside and we sat under a tree which he explained was secluded from everyone. I'm guessing it's the same tree Vincent and I sat under when he kissed me for the first time. My cheeks heated thinking of that and I looked down to hide my blush.

"Why are you blushing?" Finn asked and I immediately turned the other way.

"I'm not i'm just feeling hot." I lied hoping he would drop it. But I had no such luck.

"Hunter you are blushing. What came to mind when I told you where I brought you? Did something happen by this tree?" He questioned.

"No!" I shrieked and his laughter made me realize what a big giveaway that was and blush more.

"Really?" He teased. "Because by the looks of it something did happen and I remember Vincent telling me yesterday that he brought you here during lunch. Did something happen between you and him?"

"Well the thing is actually that Vincent was explaining to me what being gay means and he told me that to show affection couples kiss and when I assumed it was on the cheek or forehead he told me they kiss on the lips and when I didn't understand how that works he..." I trailed, hoping he would figure the rest out.

"He kissed you." He stated with a sigh. "Does he think he can just go around kissing everyone and not worry about the consequences? Sometimes I just feel like bashing his head against his Grandma's chest until he begs me to stop. He is so frustrating. It's no wonder I got over him as soon as he rejected me. The guy is too damn irrational and impulsive for his own good. He better not be near me when I lose my patience with him or I might..." He babbled and I had to stop him before he exploded with rage.

"Woah Finn calm down." I intercepted. "Why are you so angry with Vincent? He was just showing me how couples kiss and he taught me all about homosexuality and I'm glad he did because he cleared up so many things that didn't make sense to me before. And he made me realize that maybe I have a chance of having a relationship with someone."

"Who?" he questioned.

"His name is Henry." I proceeded to tell him my whole encounter with Henry and he listened patiently.

"So you're just going to call him up and ask him to be your boyfriend? He told you he would travel across the world for you but Hunter this is reality and in reality what you expect is not always what you get. There could be a possibility that he has moved on. And by the sound of how confident you are, you don't seem prepared for that. This is all new for you Hunter. It might seem all perfect and beautiful but rejection is something you have to prepare yourself for, because it's a real pain in the ass, trust me I know." He explained and I looked down in defeat.

What he said was completely true. How could I not have thought of it before. I guess I was so focused on calling Henry later today with Vincent that I didn't even think of what he would say, or even what I would say. It's been so many months already. What if he's moved on? Found someone else? Forgotten me?

"I really didn't mean to upset you and put doubt in your mind Hunter but you needed to know this to be prepared. The reason I brought you here to speak with you was to apologize for been such a horrible person and to hopefully become good friends with you and as a friend it's my duty to tell you all the good and bad that could come out of a situation. You understand right?" He asked me and I nodded in understanding.