Holding Onto You Chapter 30

Hunter's pov

The beginning of a new day always makes me scared. You don't know if the actions of the previous day are going to affect you today and you can never have peace of mind until you find out. That's what I was going to find out when I heard Finn in the hallway talking to his friends.

Yesterday I tried calling him a million times after he left my house but he didn't answer me and now as I walked up to him I wondered what I would have said to him if he did answer and what I was going to tell him now.

Vincent had met me by mum's car which Heather was using and led me inside without a word spoken between us and now as I headed toward Finn he didn't stop me. After Finn left my house yesterday he didn't say one word to me, he just went upstairs for a few minutes and when he came back down he just walked right out the front door slamming it behind him leaving me confused and in wrecks.

"Hunter you're here." Tyler's loud voice made me jump and I hoped Finn wouldn't leave knowing I'm here. "How are you feeling my dear?" His arms were around me in a flash before I could escape.

"I'll be fine if you stop squeezing me." He let me go and I started walking again hoping I'm going in the right direction. "I'll talk to you in a bit." I told Tyler.

I could still hear the guys talking and I heard Finn so I walked up to them in full confidence.

"What's up guys?" I tried sounding natural like this kind of greeting was an everyday thing but I ended up sounding like a foolish wannabe.

Mark chuckled putting his arm around me. "Nothing much bro but I see hanging around with us has finally had an effect on you. Finn you're teaching your boyfriend well."

"He's learning more than he needs to and without my help." He sounded so angry it frightened me.

"Okay, honeymoon time is over I see." Ryan laughed trying to ease the sudden tension.

"Mark please tell Hunter I don't want to see him or hear him or be anywhere near him. If he thinks he can be so carefree about this and I'm just going to go along with it he's completely wrong. I don't like discussing all this in front of you guys so it's better if he just stays away." Finn sounded completely unlike himself. I hated myself for bringing out this side of him.

"Can we please go somewhere and talk, I beg you Finn?" As natural as I breath, the tears came out with full force.

Finn snorted. "Mark tell Hunter he didn't care when I begged him to stop so why should I care now when it's too late."

"Finn I..."

"I don't want to hear." He was still so angry. "Vincent don't even think you can save Hunter this time and I hate your face right now. Just stay away, both of you."

He left and I leaned against the lockers trying to control my tears. I really messed up and hurt Finn. That's all I was good at, hurting people. I destroyed my family and as if that wasn't enough I came here and destroyed friendships. Two best friends are fighting and it's my fault. I do the wrong things and then I just expect everyone to understand and forgive me. I wish I was the one who died that day.

"Are you okay?" Ryan asked putting his arm loosely around my shoulders as the bell rang.

"Yeah I'm fine, Finn and I are just having issues. It'll get sorted out." I hoped in my heart I was right.

Vincent took my hand in his and Ryan pulled his arm away squeezing my shoulder to back up what I said.

"See you later." Vincent told Ryan before leading me to class and the silence between us made me wonder if things would ever be the same again.