Holding Onto You Chapter 41

Brian's pov

I watched as Vincent kissed Hunter and I turned to Finn with my heart breaking. The same look of sorrow was evident on him.

"This is harder than I thought. I don't know what I'm supposed to do now. Am I ever going to feel the same again for someone else or am I always going to say what if I was still with Vincent?" I told Finn, trying to control my emotions.

"I know it's painful right now and it might be for a while but we will get through this. We have each other and that's why I know we'll be okay. Come here." He hugged me tight and I held him just as tight.

We stayed in each others arms for a while, whispering comforting words to each other.

"As cliché as it is, I need ice cream. Let's go to the beach." I told him, pulling away.

"Great, I'm already unfit and you want to make me fat. I might as well pack away my football gear for life." Finn joked, leading me to our cars.

We went to the ice cream store at the beach and got massive bowls of ice cream and sat down in one of the booths.

Leo and Kerry were also there but we just greeted them with a wave. They were more close with Vincent and Hunter and it amazed me how Vince managed to get so close to someone so easily. Everyone loved him.

"Check out the pictures I took of the game." Finn said, taking out his phone.

I went through all the pictures and they were really cool. Most of them were of Vincent.

"Finn can I ask you something?" I asked him, placing his phone on the table.

He looked up, his mouth full of ice cream.

"Did you ever fall in love with Vincent?" I asked him.

He stopped eating and looked at me without showing any response.

But his eyes told me his answer and I knew that the love he felt for Vince was more than I could ever feel.

"Vince is my best friend, that's all. Now stop asking stupid questions and eat finish so we can go." He finally said. "I'm going to get something to drink."

He left the table and I finished my dessert while I waited for him. I was just about to stand up when his phone started ringing. I picked it up to see Marissa's name flashing on the screen.

"Hello." I answered.

"Hello." She sounded confused. "This is not Finn, is Finn around?"

Even though Marissa was close to Vincent, I never really had a conversation with her. She got close with Hunter but I never managed to get that connection with any of Vincent's friends.

"Finn left his phone here and he's gone to buy a drink." I told her, wondering if she'd recognise my voice. I was hoping that she would so I could at least feel a little accepted.

"Oh Brian it's Marissa, how are you?" She said and I smiled.

"I'm good, how are you Marissa?" I replied.

"I'm fine. Dude why don't I ever hear from you. You don't call, you don't text, you don't even say hi in school. You know Vince has to call or text me at least once a day to tell me all his stories and I don't think you even have my number. You should not let your boyfriend keep you all to himself." She told me.

I didn't want to tell her that Vincent and I weren't together anymore because I guess it wasn't my place to tell her. I also didn't want to give her a sob story when it was basically our first conversation.