Chapter 25

"So what? It's official now?", Freddie asked as he took a drag of his cigarette. By that moment, John had smiled at the news as Brian simply listened to his bandmate.

"Yeah", Roger didn't felt like he had to add anything else after that.

As Jim Beach and Grace were on a meeting with the label at that exact moment, the band members were all sitting on a separate meeting room. In a few days, they would embark into the next leg of their Jazz Tour. By that moment, they all were talking about their daily lives.

It was then, when Roger dropped the bomb of his new relationship.

"It'll be difficult, the press may eat us alive", Brian acknowledged after a few minutes in silence.

"Well, then I'll grant an interview to let them know what exactly happened", Roger insisted as John shook his head.

"Don't do that, that's exactly what they want... what they're expecting you to do, just to have another excuse to manipulate whatever you say and eat you alive", the bassist said, remembering how hurt they were after Freddie did an interview to talk about himself and the band and the newspaper turned it into a freak show.

"Then what am I supposed to do if I can't even protect Grace from these people?", the blonde drummer said as he played his fingers over the table, thinking of a solution.

"Have you even talked about this with her?"

But before Roger could answer, Jim Beach and Grace were crossing the meeting room door with a smile on their faces as they were talking on their way. Roger's expression changed from annoyed to happy in a few seconds.

"Hello everyone", Jim Beach greeted as he lifted a hand and then sat beside Freddie that was still busy with his cigarette. "I'm afraid that our dear Grace Warrington is holding this meeting, and from what I've seen before, you might like this", he warned jokingly to the others as Grace rolled her eyes.

"So, we have exciting news", she said while putting a folder down. "Your prayers have been heard, and you'll be granted with your request of producing your own live album throughout this tour leg", she said as the band were smiling and cheering between them. "Any ideas on how we will call it?"

The meeting went good and soon, they were all heading to a dinner nearby. The Queen Headquarters were in a very advantaged location and it had a few good places near. At that moment, Roger and Grace were trying to keep it professional, despite being outside the office. They just finally knew that they felt the same about each other and it was as if they didn't need to do anything to prove it.

As Grace sat beside John and talked about the night she met his family, Eliza joined them unexpectedly.

"Ugh, how I missed my family!", she said, kissing Freddie's cheek with joy. "So... what did I miss?"

"Nothing really, besides Grace and Roger making it official", John giggled as Grace rolled her eyes.

"Oh, believe me, I can even tell by memory every brand they've ever used to..."

"Too much information, Eliza", Brian sung mockingly as the blonde girl rolled her eyes.

"Don't even make me start pulling some dirty stuff on ya, Mister May... I know every single dirty secret from each and every one of you", she started pointing them one by one as everyone laughed.

Grace shared a knowingly look with Roger as they giggled.

Brian noticed the air between them and despite not approving their relationship, they seemed to have some kind of connection only between them. It's kind of the thing that unites couples, the things they have in common, the thoughts, the aura, everything. He was trying to ignore them, but they seemed to be so comfortable around each other that it seemed that it was breaking that non-approval wall of his.