Chapter 2

The brunch had ended quickly, much to Grace's luck. She was now running after John Reid since they had to get to the venue before the boys arrive. Her notepad was on her hands as her boss would often tell her random facts and random tasks for her to do sometime on the day.

She was glad she was wearing sneakers instead of the stilettos Eliza had gifted her, for 'professional use'. Reid had told her that it was not necessary for her to wear elegant clothes, since she would probably be on the run most of the time.

"Floor rights", he had told her when he saw her face expression that showed disgust. "Someday, you'll be on a higher position and someone will be under you"

"It's the life cycle", Paul had added when he opened the dressing room door where the band would be getting ready in a few hours. "Everything's pretty much settled here"

Grace was eyeing the big dressing room and was wondering if each member had one, but then she saw four chairs and four vanity mirrors with lights and things like that.

"Makeup artists have to be here in a least an hour, so we leave it up to you, Grace", Paul was telling her as she was still looking around. "If the boys want drinks or food, at the end of the hall you have a equipped kitchen to bring them anything"

"Sure", she said after taking her notepad off her pocket and writing down quickly.

"Oh, and Grace–", Reid and Paul were making their way out of the dressing room. 

"Yeah?"

"Good luck"

She was desperate but was holding her squealing as there were only three makeup artists and it was almost time for the band to come and get ready. She had a list clipped on a paperclip and there were a few things that had to be fixed real soon or else she would be in trouble.

"Where is Hannah?", she had asked one of the makeup artists as this one was untangling the blower dryer.

"Oh, she said she was feeling sick"

Grace felt that she was losing patience. "And when would she tell us that? We need someone to cover her now, and we are late!", the makeup artist was taken aback, but she didn't mind. It was true after all.

Grace felt as her legs started trembling, it was her first day of job and somebody had already fucked up her responsibilities. She had to search for a solution, and quick. Where could she find somebody to replace the stylist at that moment?

At that same moment, the double doors were opened and the Queen frontman was coming in as she muttered a curse under her breath. He was coming in as if it was a party he was attending and after quickly greeting everyone, he went to Grace and eyed her curiously.

"Hello miss, you seem upset", he said as one of the stylists was waiting for him. They all had designated stylists and one of them would surely be upset at the fact that his stylist 'felt sick' and didn't came to work. She was so firing that person after the show.

"It's nothing", she smiled uneasy and he then just nodded and got a grip of a glass of champagne to give it to her. She lifted her brows at the sight of the champagne as he pulled it closer to her, insisting her to take it.

"Whatever it is, there's nothing a good shag and champagne can't fix", he winked at her as she blushed but giggled nonetheless.

She had learned that the one with big curls was the guitarist, Brian May. He was coming into the dressing room and greeting everyone politely. She knew they were very different in terms of personality, but also she had noticed that the big aura they had around them was a big factor of why they had many fans. It would be the first show she'd be assisting, so she would confirm her suspicions at the show.