Warning Label Ch. 14

Alatar's POV

Annabeth is such a nice girl, it would be such a shame if something were to happen to her... Whilst Annabeth was talking about an adventure with Percy and Grover whoever that was I was busy studying her behavior. I smiled, to be perfectly honest, to an on looker it would appear a bit creepy.

Wind tousled Annabeth's golden hair and sunlight bronzed her skin. She looked like a classic California beach babe, though she would probably slit my throat if she found out i thought of her that way.

How could I help myself though? I was spending time with a beautiful girl who doesn't completely hate me yet!  

I chuckled and she turned around. 

"Were you even listening?" she asked.

"Nope," I answered honestly.

She took a deep breath. "What did I expect?" she muttered. Her gray eyes clouded over a little bit.

"Hm, is something wrong?" I prodded.

"No," she answered way too quickly.

"Okay then," I shrugged and let the topic slide. We continued walking, although I didn't know to where. Annabeth was leading the way.  

Ś̵͙͙̣͉̠̠̠̄̎͊h̸̖̉̈́̅̐̔ȩ̶̡̛̹̯͙̲̹͛͐̈́͘ ̶̢̨̛͍̥̭͓͕̩̎͊̔̓́͘r̴̛̩̻̮̲̈́̽̕e̷̜̜̬̲͊̆ͅͅm̶̧̨͉̩̈̌i̸̮̮̇͊͝ñ̷̢̢̗͖͖̬̎̑ͅd̵̛̼̒̃̈́̚͜e̴̛̜͚͍͚̲͋̈́͆́͊͗͜d̵̡̨̫̱̙̟̪̯̑̓̃̊̑̿̍̊ ̵̫͎̔͂ṃ̴̡̡̪͓̠̐ē̴͕͛͝͝ ̸̳̗͉̾̒̍́͑̈́̽̈õ̷͈̣̯̜͛͜f̴̣̮̖͛̾̔̔̃ ̴̛̺̺̀̀̄̄̕M̸̢͈͐̄̉̕̕ą̷͍͍͉̲̦͂̋͊̀ṛ̶̳̤͇̲̓̈͆͐̎͝͝a̵̙̬̦̩̣͓͌̏̈́̆̂ļ̶̪͇̣̯̈͋̂̚͠e̷̮̹̿̅n̶͎̟̪͓̹̞͒̐́̎̏͊͜͝ͅę̸̢̖͔̝̠̪̄͗͘͜

shit. I haven't thought of Marlene in years. I can't start thinking about her again. It will drive me insane.  

Annabeth's POV

Why was I talking to Alatar about Percy? Not to mention, why was I talking about the nightmares I've been receiving? Alatar is so easy to talk to. In fact, he's way too easy to talk to. Even though, he didn't listen.

I wasn't really planning on going anywhere in particular, but Alatar appeared to be following me so I led him to the strawberry fields. Summer was slowly ending and strawberry season was too. Although that's not much of a problem considering we have the satyrs magic and children of Dionysus around.

Strawberries would make a good topping on top of a cake. 

Cake... isn't Percy's birthday soon?

Gosh. That's right. Percy will be turning sixteen soon. That's pretty big.

"Hey Alatar. When is your birthday?" I shook Alatar's arm and jolted him away from his thoughts.

"Huh? Why are you asking?" he responded.

"Just tell me."

"May 11, 2003" 

"So your sixteen already? Gosh, we'll just have to wait till next year to celebrate," I said.

"What's with the topic of birthdays anyways?"Alatar piqued.

I frowned. "Hm, well Percy's birthday passed. August 18th. I figured," we approached the strawberry fields, "We should've celebrated,"

"Oh really huh. Nice, I would love to celebrate, but we should really get going. Don't want to be late for the other classes!" Alatar chirped before walking in the other direction.

"Your right. Let's hurry!" I responded and ran after him. 

The rest of the day continued on like it would usually. Despite the dire warnings I've been receiving, celebrating seaweed brain's birthday would still be important.  

-time skip to nightfall-

"Alatar do you have the strawberries?" I called over my shoulder.

"Yup!" he responded heaving a basket of strawberries. 

"Tyson! Thanks for stopping by on such... unexpected notice.. I assume you have the baking ingredients?" I said.

"Yeah!" Tyson responded.

We were located in the kitchen. After asking for permission from Chiron we decided to bake a blue chocolate cake with strawberries topping.

It was hella fun. Alatar managed to break the whisking machine, so we had to mix everything by hand. That resulted in Tyson making such a large mess all over the counter tops and floors. In the end Tyson made a large square chunk of cake. Alatar iced it with crisp blue icing. And I placed a handful of strawberries on this mess of a cake.

Sighing I stepped back to admire our mess. 

"You know, even though it's not on the right day I still think he'll appreciate it," Alatar laughed.

"You think so?"

"I KNOW SO!" Tyson cheered,

After that the kitchen erupted into a fit of giggles.

Alatar's right though, I can't believe Percy's birthday completely slipped my mind! Gosh, it's almost like something was vexing me...

right. the dammed dreams.