Misunderstandings Ch. 7

Percy's POV

 Wow, never thought I'd meet a camper I didn't exactly like. I thought as Alatar and I were searching for Annabeth. He's new, he probably doesn't even know what's going on.

 We headed back to the outskirts of the woods and turned right in hopes of finding Annabeth. It had been a while of walking in silence and listening to the leaves crunch under our feet.

 Alatar said, "So, do you like her?"

 "What do you mean?" I asked, shooketh of the sudden question.

 " The girl. Annabeth," he said.

 "Ahaha.. no we're just friends," I replied awkwardly.

 I hope he doesn't continue asking these questions... This kid is beyond weird! 

 I guess I must've done something to hint that I didn't want to talk because we walked in silence for some time. That is before he asked,

 "So, you'd be fine with it if someone else liked her?"

 What are you hinting at kid?

 My right eye twitched a little. "Heh, of course," I said through a forced smile.

 Maybe this kid is retarded. 

 I heard someone walking ahead of us and stopped. Alatar stopped too and waited for me to do something. The figure came closer and I realized it was Annabeth. But before I had the chance to say anything...

 "OH, hey Annabeth!" Alatar called out grinning.

 She looked kind of startled but she replied with, " Hey, Percy found you?"

 "Kind of an odd run in, but yeah he did! Am I in trouble or somethin?" he asked her.

 Annabeth regained her composure a little, ran up to Alatar, and smacked him across the face.

 "Of course your in trouble!" she yelled, "What were you thinking?!"

 I laughed. Hah this kid kind of deserved it.

 "Sheesh, loosen up a little kay?" he said rubbing his face.

 "We should all head back, cause we're all going to be in trouble if we don't tell Chiron right away," I said to Annabeth.

 Oh shoot your right!" Annabeth said. She grabbed Alatar's and my arm and started heading back towards the entrance of the woods.

 "So what did you encounter? You seemed kind of shaken when we saw you," I asked Annabeth along the way back.

 "Oh nothing. Just... a little run in with Aphrodite," she said quickly.

 She didn't seem like she wanted to talk about it so we ran back to camp in silence.

-Back at camp-

 Olympian gods where were you!" Chiron bellowed. "You've missed archery!"

 "We're sorry Chiron, it's just that we went to go find Alatar and we did," Annabeth apologized, "Percy found him alone in the woods,"

 "Boy, you're lucky they found you before it got dark. The woods are dangerous!" Chiron scolded alatar.

 "Yes sir," Alatar responded obediently.

 "Now, all of you run off to sword fighting class Learn from your mistake Alatar. Percy can you get Alatar suited up and prepared?" Chiron asked.

 " Sure," I replied.

 The three of us headed off to the arena silently.

 You got off easy you know," I chuckled as I tried to find Alatar a weapon.

 I know. What about that one?" Alatar said as he pointed to a black blade lying on the side of the wall.

 Huh?" I looked at the sword.  " That's.."

 Mine," a cold voice said as he picked up the sword.

  I looked up.

 Nico!" I grinned. I heard you were staying!"

 " Yeah," Nico says.

 "AW that's great news!, " I replied.

 "Geez, guys as much as I hate to interrupt this budding bromance, I still haven't found a sword yet. Are you sure I even need one?" alatar interrupted. 

 Unless you want to get skewered of course you'd want a sword," I said.

  " Fine, I'll just take this one then," alatar said as he held up a grey katana.

  huh, alright then," Nico said. After you,"

Author's Note:

I'M ALIIIIVE. After hiatus for so long I've decided to get my butt up and write. Yay. I hope that people like to read this story cause encouragement! I hope that there are more greek geeks out there!

                                                 XOXO from the grave