Magic Ch.4

Annabeth's POV

 Hmph touche.

"No, Percy is just a good friend," I said.

"A good friend huh? well, anyways since we're both here can you might as well just give me the tour?" Alatar replied.

"All right," I replied.

First I led him toward the cabins. He claimed he already knew which one he was staying in since his mother was Hecate, but it looked like he obviously didn't. The canoe lake was nearby so I showed him that next. Then, we followed the path downwards which leads to the Arts and Crafts center and the big house.

 "Hey, what's that tree over there?" Alatar asked while pointing at Thalia's Pine Tree with the golden fleece and Peleus the dragon that guards it.

 "Hm? Oh, that's Thalia's Pine Tree. Thalia is the daughter of Zeus, she died while trying to get to camp,but Zeus felt bad and turned her into that pine tree. Later, Percy; Grover, the satyr; Tyson, Percy's cyclops brother; Clarisse; and I retrieved the golden fleece to heal Thalia's pine tree from poisoning. Along the way though, the golden fleece also brought Thalia back to life,"  I said.

 "Well, where is this Thalia girl now?"he said looking around.

 "She joined the Hunters of Artemis. They are a group of immortal girls who are sworn off guys." I replied.

 "Huh, okay," he said.

 We continued to walk. I told about the Big House, where all our meetings are held, and we passed by the Volleyball court too. As we continued, I gave him a tour of the Strawberry Fields, the Armory, the Pegasus Stables,the Arena ,where the sword fighting classes, classes in general, and challenges are held, and we came up to the North Woods.

 "Let's not explore that yet," I said.

 "Why not?" he protested.

 "There are more interesting things I need to show you before we have to go to the Mess Hall for lunch soon, but I promise we can check it out later," I replied.

 " Aw, okay then," he said.

 We quickly ran past the mess hall again so, I could show him the final parts of camp, the Lava Training Wall and the Amphitheater which we had been to yesterday to burn the funereal shrouds. 

 When we got there I said, "That's pretty much it, we better get going,  lunch is going to start soon," I dragged him off to the Mess Hall and then left him to go join my cabin mates. When I looked back Alatar was already gone, and all I saw was thin wisps of black smoke. 

 I wonder where he could have went so quickly...no matter, I thought.

Percy's POV

 I sat at my lunch table alone thinking about the events that had happened yesterday. I don't know what Athena's warning was all about, but if she was telling the truth I knew I was going to be in big trouble. I came back to the present and wondered where Annabeth had gone to with the new guy, Alatar a while ago. He seems okay, I just didn't expect the gods to keep their promises so well. But something was still bothering me, like a promise I had forgotten to mention to the gods, I knew it was something important...

 We burned offerings to the gods, yabba yabba yabba, it was pretty normal until I noticed Alatar wasn't eating, nor did he give the burnt offerings to the gods, he was just... sitting there. Apparently other campers noticed it to, because someone notified Chiron.

 He trotted over to Alatar and waved his hand in front of his face.

 "Boy, hello are you okay?"he said. When he tried to put his hand on Alatar's shoulder, Alatar vanished into black smoke. 

 A huge gasp went around the campers, even Chiron looked shocked himself.

 How did a new camper learn to do that? he must've had some practice on his own somehow. I wonder who taught him, and he he had already come so far in his magic. I knew Hecate's children had some magic capability but still, it left me uneasy.

 A couple of Herme's kids went to see if he was just in the cabin,  but they came back empty handed and with no clues. We all finished lunch quickly and resumed our normal activities. of course this couldn't go unsolved so a group of campers at a time were allowed to search for him. I spotted Annabeth and decided to ask her, since she was the last one who was with Alatar.

 " Hey Annabeth!" I called out.

 " Oh, hi there Percy, " she said.

 " Do you have any clue where Alatar could have went?"

 " Um, now that i think about it I might," she replied as she took my hand and led the way.

 I decided to follow her since she normally knew what she was doing. We went past the cabins and soon we were at the North Woods.

 I glanced inside warily and said," You think he's in there?!"

 "Uh huh, I'm almost sure of it. Earlier when I was giving him a tour of camp we skipped past these woods. I told him I'd show them to him later but I guess he just couldn't wait," she said.

 So that's what they were doing earlier, I thought. 

 Suddenly a shrill scream echoed through the woods.

 "Let's go tell Chiron what you think, if that was him screaming just now he could be in danger. We can ask to go search for him," I said.

 " No time, we'll just have to hope Chiron doesn't mind if we go ahead. Just like you said he could be in danger," she said. Then she grabbed my hand and we plunged into the woods.

 Author's note: Hai it's me back from the dead. I haven't wrote in such a long time but that's because I wasn't getting any attention from this story so I figured meh what's the point. But either way I happened to have extra time on my hands so, for those blessed souls who do read what horrible things I write, here ya go. Like said in the past, it would really help to know that there are more greek geeks out there who'd like to read my story so,

 Peace from the other side of the rainbow.

                                                                        XOX _ a random muggle.

P.S I don't care if there are grammar mistakes. C'mon you make 'em too. Sue me. -_-