Jealousy? Ch. 9

Percy's POV

Ugh. I lay awake on my bed thinking of today's events. More specifically, about Alatar. Whoa. Not in a weird way you pervs. Even more specifically though, I was jealous. No, wait. Why would I be jealous of him? He's just a new camper. Yet one annoying thought in my head was.

New camper? Hah. At least he didn't look like a total fool on his first day like you did. He's probably a better demigod than you. He's going to steal way all your friends. To be exact Annabeth.

Not going to happen. I waved those thoughts away and fell into a not much better sleep.

I was in an ocean. Which was normally a good sign, cause my dad. Except when I tried to go underneath the waves, I couldn't breathe and I couldn't see. I swam back up to the surface my lungs about to pop. My head came up above the waves just as I thought I couldn't hold my breath any longer.

No way. That wasn't possible. Even if it's just a dream I'm normally able to thrive under the sea. I tried ducking my head under again. Like before I couldn't sea (ba dum tsh) or breathe.

" Believe it Per- er demigod," a voice boomed around me. The waves started churning and started to get more wild. I looked around expecting to sea (ba dum tsh. OK I'll stop) a god meddling around in my dream just for the sake of meddling around. Or even gods no- if it was Kronos. But no god or titan was there.

I breathed out a sigh of relief. " Who are you?" I called out.

In an amazing falsetto someone replied," I am your subconsciousness, "

You know I really thought my life wouldn't be able to get any more weird or confusing, but apparently I was wrong. What else was new?

" Riight..." I said hesitantly., " Why are you here?"

" To uh.. teach you a lesson demigod child," my subconsciousness said.

" And what may that be?" I groaned. Gods really liked to take yup my dream time to explain their own theories to me don't they?

The waves rose to monstrous sizes and the voice slowly got more dramatic. The sky darkened and clouds rolled in when it bellowed,

"The demigod child's maturity draws near, and so does love and fate and lots of fear. His past will haunt him and his future shall taunt him. His heritage will grow weary and no longer be in like. For if wisdom's child steals his heart then he shall fall into the dark,"

M-kay. So that's a super odd prophecy. Definitely not something the oracle would have made yup, cause you know. The oracle is now Rachel.

" Right so I don't suppose you could clarify-" I got cut off by an evil laugh and a huge gust of wind as the dream changed and faded away.

Annabeth's POV

Naturally I've got to have the worst luck out of the group. Getting confronted with Aphrodite then having Pegasus stable duty? I couldn't get a chance to talk to Percy, and completely zoned out during campfire. Now that it's lights out I could hear my cabin mates all falling asleep slowly having dreams of their own while I lay awake thinking of what Aphrodite had said.

She is such an airhead. The logical side of me wanted to say, but the other side disagreed. I thought about it over and over again until I fell into a fit full sleep.

I was in a mountainous area. Maybe the base of Mount Olympus. I couldn't be sure because I didn't have much time to take in the scenery before an owl rudely interrupted my train of thought. I turned to look at it.

The owl was a silvery white with big yellow eyes that looked like they could stare into your soul. It hooted again. I reached out to pet it. Odd decision I know, but it looked tame enough. Suddenly it started to glow and puff up. Was it about to explode?! I backed up quickly.

"A demigod child's maturity grows near, and so does love an fate and lots of fear. Her curiosity will haunt her and her decisions will taunt her. Her heritage will grow weary and no longer be in like. For if the sea's son steals her heart. She will fall into the dark,"

And with the message delivered the owl flew off. I needed a moment to understand all that had happened, but the dream faded away and I was tossed into another.

Author's Note:

WHO DARES SUMMON THE MORNING STAR. After not doing anything for so long I've decided to get my butt up and write. Yay. I hope that people like to read this story cause encouragement! MAYBE. I will post something different for Halloween. I dunno. I hope that there are more greek geeks out there!

XOXO from the grave