Chapter Fourty-One: Thank Goddess

Peter's POV

It's been a week since Jake showed me the house and the authorities came. Everything has been going really well lately. Thank goddess.

I'm laying sitting on the bench swing on our front porch, reading a book called What If It's Us. It's so good and gay. They need to fuck already!

I furnished the house for the most part. We still have to do Beka's room. It better be quick too. I feel like I'm gonna pop any second, even though I'm just starting my eighth month. (I totally forgot what month I said he was in, so we're gonna go with this)

Jake comes out with a glass of lemonade, setting it on my bump, trying to make it balance.

I laugh at him, shaking my head, smiling.

"You're such a good, love," I say.

He shushes me, sticking is tongue out to show how 'concentrated' he is.

When he finally balances it, he jumps up with his arms in the air, cheering. It starts to fall, but he's able to catch it before too much come out, though some still got on my shirt.

I fake scold him. "Jake Ardell, I told you to not balance the glass."

He gives me a weird, confused face. "What? No you didn't."

I laugh a little stupidly. "Oh, right. I didn't. Lol."

"Did you just say lol, instead of laughing."

I give a short chuckle. "Yeah. Lol."

"Oh god, you're having a pup. My pup."

I actually start to laugh that time, and take a sip of my lemonade.

He smiles at me and picks me up, sitting back down with me in his lap.

I lean my head against his shoulder, and he pecks my head, hands rubbing my belly.

Beka kicks, and I smile.

"Do you want her to be an alpha or omega?" I ask, playing with his fingers on my bump.

He hums, setting his chin on my head, which is is on his chest, right under his head. "I don't care. As long she's happy and healthy, I don't care. She could be a beta."

"I doubt it. My blood family seems like it was mostly alphas or omegas. Yours seems the same. I guess you do never know."

"Yeah."

We sit in silence for a little while, sipping on our drinks ever now and then.

"Jake, I'm kinda concerned for Rin."

"Why, babe?"

I sigh. "Well, she told me that Shi has been really clingy to her, and I remember you were really clingy before we found out I was pregnant, so I was kinda scared that might be the reason. Her heat is supposed to come in a few days, but I don't smell a thing off of her. Her smell usually gets stronger when she gets closer to her heat. I get clingy, and her smell gets stronger. She doesn't want kids until she's out of college and has a job. I'm scared for her."

I let off distressed pheromones by just thinking about my sister.

Jake lest off comforting ones, so I calm down. It works, but I'm still concerned for her. Pregnancy is scary. She nor Shi are ready for a pup yet either.