Chapter Three: What Happened After.

I walk down stairs still blushing harshly and see that everyone is already at breakfast. 

"Where have you been?" Rin asks angrily at me, "I have been looking for you for the past ten minutes!"

"What do you mean?"

"You told me you would be downstairs in the kitchen, but you weren't! I literally just met my mate, but where were you? Nowhere!"

"You just met your mate!" She looked like she was about to pop from excitement, "Wait, then shouldn't you be more happy? Why aren't you happy?" 

 "I am! It's just I wasn't expecting my mate to be such a dick wad."

"What?" 

She was giving me the dumbest expression I have ever seen. 

"My mate is Jake." 

"I can't believe it." 

"I know right. I can't believe he's my ma-" 

"My ship has finally sailed!" 

"Wait, what?" 

I was truly astonished. What is she talking about? 

"I have been shipping you guys for such a long time! It was so obvious that Jake has the hots for you. I'm just surprised you didn't notice it." 

I just looked at her. Now I probably have the dumbest expression on my face. She was shipping us? How could she! She is my best friend!

Well she's not wrong. We do look good together. 

"Oh shut up, Jason." I said to my wolf, "I know she's not wrong but still!" 

"I'm so happy my dreams finally came true. It was starting to become difficult seeing Jake like that all the time." Rin said.

"Oh shut up Rin! What do you know?" 

"I know a lot of things. That is why we go to school, Pete Pete." 

"Oh stop being a smart ass." 

She didn't shut up. She actually got louder, and by the time I was able to get her quiet everyone knew. 

Why can't she keep her mouth shut! 

Because she's her?  

"You shut up too, Jason!"

Why do I have to have the most sarcastic wolf in the history of forever! 

People started to crowd around me, asking me a lot of questions, since Jake is going to be the new Alpha soon.. Goddess Rin is so annoying! I run upstairs into my room to get away from everyone. 

I close the door and lock it just in case. I push my back against the door and slide down it with my eyes closed. 

"Are you okay?" 

MY eyes pop open to see the one and only Jake, sitting on my bed. 

"What do you want, Jake?" 

He pouted and looked at me. 

"Is that how you're going to treat your mate?" 

"If it's you? Yes." 

I stood up and went over to him, glaring down at him. 

"Why are you so mean to me?" 

He was looking at me with his famous puppy dog eyes. I've heard no one can do anything against him when he does them.