Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Nursery Part 1

Peter's POV

A month has gone by since we found Bates, Sage, and Jasper dead, and nothing too major has happened. A few more than usual rogue sightings, but it is starting to get warm, so they are starting to come out more.

"Hey, Peter, do you wanna come will you come with me to the nursery? I have to leave soon, and I need someone to look over the little ones with Vivaan. Please!" August practically begs me.

"I guess. Not sure how good I'll be."

I blow a raspberry and flicks his wrist down. "Please. You'll be fine! Let's go now."

He grabs my arm and leads me to the nursery.

"So, how have your studies been?" August asks, and I groan.

"It's going. I have good grades right now, but I'm kinda stressed with it all. Jake and Rin have been helping me, thankfully. What about you?"

"Really well actually! I understand everything! Especially anatomy because Vivaan has been helping me."

I grumble. "Lucky. Oh! Guess what?!"

He looks at me a little scared. "Chicken butt?"

"No! Mom's due date is this week! I'm so excited! I could have a little sister this week! Also another playmate for our little Bug here."

He squeals a little. "Yay! I can't wait! Speaking of Bug, have you thought of a name for her yet?"

I think a little. "A few, yeah. I like Carmen and Mia. I'm not completely sure though. What about you? I know you chose King, because you stole the name from me..."

"Hey! You gave me that name! And I was thinking since I'll have a King, I have to have a Prince. So, I think Prince would be appropriate."

"That is so cute, August! I love it!"

"Thanks!"

"So, how has Amelia been?"

The omega smiles. "She's been good. Jordan is as cute as ever. I went to see them last week, and Amelia is a little stressed, but she loves her little one so much. I can't wait for my sister to see her family."

I smile at him. "I'm sure she'll be back soon. Speaking Of families, how was your and Gabe's third date?" I ask as I wiggle my eyebrows.

August blushes and bites his lip. "It was good. We went to the movies and then to the park to look at the stars. It was so cliche, and I love it! Some people thought we were mated and congratulated us on my babies. I hate that they're not Gabe's, but I still love them."

August looks down at his bump and smiles, placing a hand on his belly. I smile at how cute he is. My best friend is so adorable.

"When's the next time you have to see Damon?"

He groans. "Today actually. I may not really care about him at all, but he still pisses me off sometimes."

"I'm sorry, love. Is Gabe going with you?"

He gives me a weird face. "Why would Gabe go with me?"

I shrug. "I don't know. He seems possessive. And don't give me that look!"

We make it to the nursery, and a bunch of kids crowd around August. And by a bunch I mean about three. Two boys and one girl, all alphas. They're siblings.

"August, August! Come look at my drawing I made!" The little girl, Sasha I'm pretty sure her name is, says while tugging on August's hand, as the beads attached to her braids in her hair clink together at her movements.