Chapter Fourty-Two: And They Lived Happily Ever After

Peter's POV

I smile brightly as I watch my sister walk across the stage to get her diploma.

We all cheer for her, even though we're not supposed to. She blushes and sits down.

I sigh, smiling, leaning my head against Jake, whirl rubbing my bump. So much has happened in the last year. It's crazy.

It's only a couple weeks until my due date, and I'm freaking out. Every thing is ready for Beka's arrival, but I'm still scared. I've been nonstop help from mom and momma whenever I can.

Mom's finally gotten out of her clingy stage with Luna, but it's still kinda there.

Luna is getting prettier by the day. She's so gorgeous. She already has hair in her head, and it's very red and curly.

Shi is called up, and they get their diploma, shaking people's hand while walking off stage.

Shi and Rin's relationship has gotten stronger, and I really think Rin and Shi will mate, even though they still have mates out there.

Rin says she's waiting for her mate, but I'm not sure. She can live the way she wants to; it's none of my business. I'm just concerned.

I look over to my parents, and they're crying. Well, Momma's crying while mom has to comfort her. Momma's scared of us growing up. She cried when I told her I found my mate and when I told her I was pregnant. Momma's such a cry baby. She also balled when we celebrated Luna being one month old. It was funny.

I giggle under my breath at momma, which makes Jake ask what's so funny.

"Nothing," I whisper. "Momma's just being funny."

He looks over at her and chuckles lowly too.

Graduation ends soon enough, so we all go to a fancy restaurant to eat.

As we're sitting, I get a pain in my belly again. It's been happening all day, but I ignore it. I have a suspicion of what it is, but I don't want to ruin Rin and Shi's graduation day with me giving birth.

The pain becomes stronger, and I hiss.

Jake looks at me alarmed, looking at my hands which are tightly on my stomach.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He asks, making his voice lower.

I smile a little weakly. "It's nothing, love. I'm fi-" my eyes widen as water spurts between my legs. Oh fuck.

Baby! Baby! Baby!

"Where the fuck have you been for the last few months!"

As I've told you before, I've been preparing for the baby, making sure everything is perfect.

"Whatever."

Now, get to the hospital!

I groan at Jason and the contractions. Are they supposed to be coming this quickly?

"Baby, what's happening?"

"Jake, my water just broke. Get me to the hospital."

He nods quickly, helping me up from my chair just to sweep me off my feet, so he's holding me.

Everyone looks at us in alarm, but they soon understand what's happening by the pained look on my face.

Jake rushes me out to the car, so we can get to the hospital.

I groan and breath heavily as the contractions get even closer and more painful.

"I'm never getting pregnant again. Don't you ever think of getting me pregnant again, Jake Ardell!"