/~14~/- Castellan!!

Annabeth POV

There he stood, wearing his usual cheesy grin, a pair of running shorts and a grimy white tank top like he had went on a causal jog and decided to drop by. 

Even though I was happy to see a familiar face, I refrained from giving him a hug. 

"L-Luke?" Annabeth said, the words catching in her throat. 

"Thats me Annie." He grinned. I was so shocked that he was here that I forgot to call him out on calling me Annie. A stupid childhood nickname. But how could I forget it? He was the one who found me...

Suddenly my shock cooled into a hard fist of resentment. "What are you doing here Castellan. Last time I checked you where in Sacramento in college with Kelli." I refrained from gagging at saying her name. Kelli was a junior with Luke when I went to high school. And she made my life a living hell whilst I lived in New York. And then after they graduated they went to a small college in Sacramento. Two years later I moved to San Fran, not very pleased I was near that skinny ass bitch. 

His smile that was plastered on his tan face thinned.

"I got kicked out." He frowned. His eyes darted around the doorway, sometimes landing on Annabeth but then quickly glancing away. It was her turn to frown. Kicked out? Luke had gotten a full ride scorlorship to the college and that wasn't something he intended to throw away. At least thats what Annabeth thought. 

"How? And does Kelli know your here?" I practically spat out the last part but he didnt notice. 

"Lets just say that I'm far better suited out here." He tried for a grin but at the look on her face, his grin faded. Annabeth wanted to slam the door in his face, try and forget what he did, try and not see for what he did, but how could she? He saved his life a thousand times more than she intended to risk it, that's not something you could throw away. But at the same time she wanted to slap and kick him as hard as she could, she'd taken jujitsu last spring, and beat up her little brothers. Hey, they stole the last of her graduation cake! 

"So, how do you like college?" Luke mumbled. 

"It's fine." Annabeth said drily. Luke looked down guiltily, 

"I know that I hurt you and I want to apologize, it was stupid of me to think that you where easy to manipulate and I shouldn't have done that." Luke trid to apologize. 

"Goodbye CASTELLAN!" She emphasized his last name as if his first was an ugly overused one. She slanmed the door in his face and went back to her book, her rage seething. Piper looked up from her phone and gave her a look of sympathy. At least she'd been there along with Hazel. 

"You good?" Piper asked. Not meaning too I shot a angry glare at her and tried to not get overwhelmed by the memories but they quickly overtook me. 

12 years ago. New York. 

"Annabeth!" Her stepmother roared. Annabeth flinched and turned looking extremely guilty as her step mom looked at her accusingly. 

"Yes?" Annabeth said innocently but she already knew what was coming.

"You need to grow up, you can't be screaming in the middle of night because of spiders. You are scaring your brothers."  Helen said  with a dangerous tone of calm. Annabeth knew that tone of voice too well, she heard it every time her father left for work and her stepmother took over. 

"But-" Annabeth started but Helen cut her off with a steely look of controlling.  Annabeth went to bed with her shoulders slumped. She wanted to call her father but the last time she did Helen made her do all the dishes and laundry. She was to not call father. No matter how much she wanted to.