/~29~/- Sparks

Annabeth POV

"Are you sure you'll be back in time for the movie?" Hazel said, shifting in her seat. A smile plays across my lips. 

"I'm sure, but remember we have assigned seats so sit where it tells you. And if someone takes the seat next to you, check their ticket." Annabeth said, pulling up infront of Movie Lux Theatre. Hazel jumped out of the front seat and said her goodbyes. I saw Frank in the front of line. 

This is was going to be interesting. 

I drove back to my place, anxious until the movie is over and Hazel and Frank are together.....

I was an evil villain wasn't I?

Third PERSON

Frank sat at his seat, waiting for Percy to come, telling he accidenlty left something at his place and told Frank to get the seats. We where going to watch some Marvel Movie, Spider Man, Far From Home I think?  He had have no idea, its a private, surprise screening. 

As he munched quietly on his popcorn a pretty girl sat in Percys seat, and he recognized it as his longtime crush and bestfriend. Hazel. 

"Hazel?" He said, his mouth full of popcorn, attempting to swallow it done without choking. She was the prettiest girl he had ever met, the curls cascading perfectly down to her stomach, pulled into a pony tail. Her dark skin contrasting with her lustrous gold eyes, flecked with grey. 

She turned and blushed with surprise. Frank? How could he be here, at the same movie in Annabeth's seat? He was her longtime crush. He was handsome, and sweet with a caring side. His cropped black hair and soft calf brown eyes. His clumsy demeanor and sweet smile made her heart melt against her ribcage. 

They rubbed their necks nervously and started to talk, waiting for the movie to start. They checked each others tickets thrice over, but it was assuring them they had the right seats. 

When the movie started and the lights flickered out, Frank blushed furiously. How could this be? This must ave been a set up between him and Hazel. Percy and Annabeth, those two...meddlers. They defiantly did this. 

As the movie played on, their hands brushed slightly together. He couldn't stop blushing, he was an idiot, for liking Hazel. She could have any guy and he'd seen her turn down all the guys on campus, whom are all much more handsome than himself. So why had she turned them down, knowing they where all better them him? 

When the movie came close to an end, maybe another thirty minutes to fifteen, she was close. She gasped as the scenes played on. 

"Whoah." His mouth gaped open as the characters swung across the screen. He was drawn to the movie, as action played for moments and moments on. He had always loved movies as a kid,  he watched them with his mom at night, cuddling under the soft grey comforter and when he was too big to sit in her lap, but he did anyways. And how he cried when she left for war, and he binged watched all of their favorite movies, though he knew it would never be the same. And when she died he hand't touched her movies, afraid he might throw them out. He always kept her Purple Heart tucked in his front pocket. 

As the character drew a ragged breath, covered in blood, Hazel grabbed Franks hand. He was surprised by its warmth, Hazel didn't seem to notice and kept watching. His blush was bright red, he may as well be bleeding there was so much of it. 

And she clung to his shoulder, and he felt strange. This felt oddly right, he couldn't explain the feeling, but something unknotted in his chest, making his blood buzz anxiously. 

She turned to him and smiled, the bright dazzling smile that made his heart thump wildly. He would do anything for her, just anything. He would jump off Niagra Falls if that would make her happy. He would kill a man just to see that smile on her face. 

He must have been drunk or high because he leaned in, close to her face, half expecting her to lean away, revolted by Frank. Btu she didn't, only looked him right in the eye. 

And he pressed his lips to hers. A blissful peace, she didn't pull back or slap him and leave, making him alone and clumsy like always. 

Love is the strangest thing. It can happen anywhere with anyone. It can happen at first glance, first kiss or even six months into a relationship. We are given the gift of life and the price is love. It will always slip from our thought firm grasp. 

And sometimes we can't catch it.