\~17~\Ticket

Pablo/Percy POV

Shit, what did I do? I just kicked her out?! Gods I'm stupid. I should take a dive into the Underworld right now. It's not my fault I was practicing my songs for this week's concert. Yeah, when I said due date I meant there was a concert this Saturday and all of my songs where old ones, all for the concert. 

"Percy!" Grover stepped through my door, his goatee quivering from the cool October evening. 

"Grover, learn to knock," Pablo grumbled but was pleased to see his manager and best friend other than Jason. 

"All of the tickets are sold out, have you given out all the VIP ones yet?" Grover said. 

"Umm yeah, all 10 given away. To my seven friends and three randomly chosen people." Pablo shrugged his shoulders. Grover put his head in his hands. 

"And please tell me that you've finished at least two songs while I was on Bussiness in upper New York?" Pablo picked up all of his sheet music carefully and shoved it in Grover's face. 

"When will you learn to trust me?" Pablo said exasperated. Grover's eyes narrowed and snatched it out of his hands. 

"When Tarturas freezes over." Grover swept through the music with his eyes, going up and down the pages, his brown eyes widening more and more as he found his way to go the last page, where his best song lay. He had practiced all last night after Annabeth had left, which he was deeply sorry for. 

Grover put the sheet music back in Pablo's hands. "This is one of your best turns yet! What happened?" 

Pablo shrugged a little. After she had left he had been a victim of an inspirational spark. It was like he was meant to write these songs. Like the gods had touched the future of songwriting with Pablo's imprint. With tomorrow night's concert, he was sure it would be a new era of music, his music. It's not like when he was in freshman year when he had sung for the school play, not his choice but he had taken the part anyways. When he has opened his mouth and poured out the lyrics, not because he had to and was forced into this, but because he felt overjoyed by the thought of someone finally  hearing his voice, after all the years of being beaten by Gabe and the torment of knowing his mother was unhappy and also beaten at home, not as much but enough to break her. He was happy that he had slowly worked his way into his career, that he was paid a high amount, his tickets selling out within seconds of being bought. He was proud. Not selfish arrogant proud but proud enough. 

"A spark," Pablo replied simply, and played with the hem of his blue shirt. He didn't want to confide to Grover that he needed someone else to help him. Not that it was embarrassing but he felt as if those few moments with her were private. And if he was sure she would be going to the concert. And maybe he could see her as Percy Jackson, not brown-haired Pablo Jameson. 

Grover smiled and they walked out the door to the concert stadium in LimeLight(if you know what I mean, if you don't, go read How Did this Happen? There's a chapter that takes place in there.) a small town just two miles from the big city, just enough to not see the skyline. Where a wall of thick trees covered it from view, but the faint glowing outline was true in the horizon, like a glow on a dark night, the sun rising slowly. 

"Hey!" Pablo spotted Jason, Frank, and Leo at the concert entrance, each wearing ripped jeans, and colored tank tops. Jason had a goofy grin on his face, as Leo and Frank did. Oh, no...what did they do??

Jason's smile was pretty easy to read as his grin was one ofthe maniacs. Leo's grin was one lab accident away from being a supervillain and Frank's smile was a goofy clumsy one. Pablo's only guess was that it had at least something to do with the girls, Calypso, Hazel, and Piper. Lucky Percy, he secretly invited Calypso and seated her next to Leo in the VIP stands.