/~2~/-Fame Isn't Everything

Percy POV

"How was your time out?" Grover asked as he drove the limo to the airport the next day. I shrugged. 

"Anyone see through the disguise?" Grover said worriedly. Percy nodded and Grover sighed a little. 

"Who?" He said exasperatedly. Percy's heart did a somersault as he began to think of her. 

"Oh, just some really nice girl. She was okay with it. I took her to lunch." Percy said warmly, thinking of her beautiful scent and long golden hair. 

"You what?!" Grover said incredibly like I had dropped a bombshell or something. 

Percy crossed his arms, "I took her to lunch G-Man" he repeated and Grover sighed again. 

"Just don't go out with some stranger again. We can't trust everybody," They drove the rest of the way in silence.

"Mr. Jackson your flight will landing in just a moment, please fasten your seat belts." The pilot said over the crackling intercom. 

He looked out his windows, more skyscrapers that he felt like were there rose into the air. People walked in the streets, not a care in the world. Taxis honked their way through afternoon traffic and people shopped and talked, their phones constantly buzzing. He was home. New York City. 

The next few hours blurred together. They hopped in a taxi, on his request and rode to the tiny apartment building he insisted to buy. It was one-room, one and a half bathroom with a tiny kitchen and balcony. It was just ten minutes away from Goode campus and close to all his amenities. Grocery store, gas station, the pool, the aquarium, and Goode. 

"Tell me again why you brought four bags and bought the cheapest apartment available?" Grover inquired. Percy sighed. 

"I want to live a normal life, Grover. You know 90% of my savings and money earned has been donated but it's still too much." Percy said with a tired voice. Grover nodded. Even in the streets, Grover was crowded with paparazzi, a life of fame wasn't everything. 

After everything had come to Percy collapsed on his bed, his weariness taking over. 

ANNABETH POV

The rest of that day? It was okay.......after possibly meeting the cutest yet dorkiest guy in the universe.

"Hey honey, you're leaving for New York tonight know that?" Her father said as she stepped into the house where her evil stepmother lived. 

"Yes, dad." She grumbled. she didn't want to leave San Fran. But everything has to change. Everything has to grow out and expand. If only she knew how those few words she always thought would later affect her. If only. 

The next few hours she packed the rest of her things. She would be living with Piper and Hazel in an apartment by Goode. 

"Goodbye." She kissed the tops of her little brother's heads. They were both nine but also trouble makers. 

"If you get a boyfriend.....you better call us first," Bobby said. I laughed. Boyfriend? The last one.....didn't end well. 

"Yeah, he'll have to get through me first!" Matthew said proudly and held up his biceps and pretend to be buff. 

"Not if he gets through me before you." Bobby shrieked and mimicked Matthew. 

"If I get a boyfriend....you know I can handle my own right?" She said trying not to laugh. They nodded. She went to tell her father bye, but he was nowhere in sight. 

"Sorry, you just missed him," Helen said angrily. She was evil. Rage poured through her but she calmed it. 

"Bye Helen." She said through gritted teeth. All Helen did was glare back. Annabeth kissed her little brother's heads once more before leaving for the airport. 

Time skip sponsored by Kronos(not Luke) a lot of hours later. 

"Miss?" A hand shook her awake. Her eyes opened and she was warm. Annabeth quickly realized she had fallen asleep on the plane after trying to stay awake. Damn it.....

"Sorry," Annabeth told the nice lady and sat up, rubbing her eyes. She looked around, the plane was slowly descending into the NY airport. She looked at the city skyline, dawn yawing awake, the sun on the edge of breaking into the slowly waking world. She kissed this place. She had lived here for many years, all of her middle and high school years, most elementary year's and had so many memories. She missed this place. It was her true, true home. She couldn't wait to see Piper, Hazel, Leo, Frank and Jason.

After what seemed like forever to get her bags from baggage claim she hailed a taxi and told him the address. Piper and Hazel would already be there, unpacking their things for college. That reminded her.....she needed a job(btw the job in this story is going to affect some twists and turns ) to pay rent, textbooks and food, clothing and the necessities. 

She knocked on the apartment door. The thud of footsteps was heard and Hazel Levesque opened the door. Her curly cinnamon toast hair was in a messy bun, she wore faded jeans and a long purple sweatshirt. Other than that she looked really happy. She bounced into the air and squeezed Annabeth into a hug. 

"Oh, Annabeth!" She squeezed Annabeth so hard she thought her own eyes would pop straight from the sockets. 

"Too tight!" She wheezed and Hazel let go, blushing a little, she ushered Annabeth into the tiny apartment. It was a two-room, two-bathroom place, the kitchen was nice and roomy, so was the living room with a purple couch and grey recliner.  

"You'll be sharing with Piper," Hazel said rubbing the back of her neck. She walked into her shared room, it was a little bigger than the one back in SF. There were two beds on the opposite side of the room. One was obviously Pipers and the other one which was empty was hers. 

So this was home. And she couldn't wait to live in it, make even more memories and remember college years as something as fondness.

For the next couple of hours, she decorated her side of the room. She hung her posters and made the bed with a white sheet and a cute grey comforter. She stacked her clothes into her dresser and hung her shirts in her half of the closet. 

Piper came home from work around noon from the salon, her hands drooping with weariness but apparently still had enough excitement to squeeze Annabeth tighter than Hazel had. 

Tomorrow was the first class, tomorrow she could meet new people and explore new things. 

But for now? She rested at home. Not knowing that the noises on the other side of the wall belonged to a very exhausted Seaweed Brain.