Chapter Eleven

Legolas' POV

After Linwë fell we lost Gandalf to a Balrog. I couldn't really comprehend what happened while we escaped the mine, I was blinded by sadness.

We went through a mine, dwarves build mines, who was it that suggested we go through a mine? Oh right a dwarf!

*Flashback*

We stumbled out into the bright sunlight, the hobbits collapsed sobbing.

I sat down on a rock and put my head in my hands, this was all my fault.

Aragorn sat next to me. "It was not your fault that Linwë fell, she let go for her own reasons,"

I sighed refusing to believe him. I put my hand in my pocket and felt something hard, I pulled it out, Linwë's locket.

I held it in my hands, and bowed my head.

"Legolas! Get them up!" Aragorn shouted.

I sighed and stood up.

"Give them a moment for pities sake!" Boromir snapped.

I sighed and stood up.

"By nightfall these hills will be swarming with orcs! We must reach the woods of Lóthlorien"

"Come, Boromir, Legolas, Gimli, get them up!" He ordered again.

Aragorn walked over to the halflings. "On your feet Sam! " He looks around. "Frodo? Frodo!"

By now all of us are up and Aragorn is going after Frodo.

*****

We have finally reached the woods of Lórien, home of my kin.

"Stay close, young hobbits," Gimli says, beckoning Merry and Pippin over to him. "They say a great sorceress lives in these woods. An elf-witch of terrible power. All who look upon her fall under her spell!"

I shook my head in amusement. Only those who know Lady Galadriel can tell you she will use her powers for good, or so they say.

"Well here is one dwarf she won't ensnare so easily! I have the eyes of a hawk, and ears of a fox!" Gimli boasted.

I highly doubt that you do Gimli, I thought.

Gimli stops abruptly because two arrows are in his face.

Several elves appear from the trees, their bows drawn. I draw my own bow and hold it up.

One of them steps forward, he is familiar, I recognize him from years before.

"Your dwarf breathes so loud we could have shot him in the dark," he taunts.

Then it clicks. Haldir.

He turns to me. "Mae govannen, Legolas Thranduilion," (Welcome Legolas, son of Thranduil.)

"Govannas vîn gwennen le, Haldir o Lórien," I replied. (Our fellowship stands in your debt, Haldir of Lórien)

Haldir turns to Aragorn. "A, Aragorn in Dúnedain istannen le ammen," (Oh, Aragorn of the Dúnedain, you are known to us.)

Aragorn bows. "Haldir,"

"So much for the legendary courtesy of elves! Speak words we also understand!"

"We have not had dealings with the dwarves since the dark days," Haldir explained.

"And do you know what this dwarf says to that! Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!" Gimli retorted. (I spit upon your graves!)

"That! was not so courteous!" "Aragorn scolded, smacking Gimli's shoulder.

"You bring great evil with you," Haldir said looking at Frodo and Sam. "You can go no further!"

"Boe ammen veriad lîn!" Aragorn pleaded. "Andelu i ven!" (We need your protection! The road is fell!)

They continue to argue in Elvish. Then the hobbits look at each other, exchanging sad glances.

Haldir looks at Frodo. "Gandalf's death was not vain. Nor would he have you give up hope. You carry a heavy burden. Don't carry the weight of the dead as well,"

Haldir walks over to Frodo. "You will follow me,"

**********

Haldir had led us to a hill overlooking Caras Galadhon.

" Caras Galadhon. The heart of Elvendom on earth. Realm of the Lord Celeborn and of Galadriel, Lady of Light." Haldir explained.

He leads us up a long flight of stairs that leads into the Royal Court of Lorien. We see Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn standing hand in hand, coming down to the platform we were standing on. Aragorn greets them respectfully, but the rest of us stare in awe.

"The Enemy knows you have entered here. What hope you had in secrecy is now gone. Eight that are here yet ten there were set out from Rivendell."Celeborn states, Galadriel smiles slightly as if she knew something we didn't, which was probably true. "Tell me where is Gandalf? For I much desire to speak with him. I can no longer see him from afar."

Galadriel stares intently at Aragorn. "Gandalf the Grey did not pass the borders of this land. He has fallen into Shadow." She whispers.

"He was taken by both Shadow and flame. A Balrog of Morgoth. For we went needlessly into the net of Moria." I replied, glaring at Gimli, for it was at his careless suggestion we went into the mines.

"Needless were none of the deeds of Gandalf in life. We do not yet know his full purpose." Galadriel turns to Gimli. "Do not let the great emptiness of Khazad-dûm fill your heart, Gimli, son of Glóin. For the world has grown full of peril. And in all lands love is now mingled with grief."

Galadriel stares at Boromir in a way that I can tell bothers him. He drops her gaze and turns away. Then she turns to me. 'Do not be overcome by grief, if she passed into the Halls of the Dead, you would feel it in your heart,' (correct me if I am wrong, I don't know what they call heaven or whatever they believe in) Galadriel's voice echoes through my mind.

What is she saying? Does that mean Lin is still alive?

"What now becomes of this Fellowship? Without Gandalf, hope is lost." Celeborn says mournfully.

" The quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fail to the ruin of all. Yet hope remains while the Company is true. " Galadriel countered.

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Go now and rest for you are weary with sorrow and much toil. Tonight you will sleep in peace..." Galadriel said warmly, we turned to go down the stairs, but Galadriel stopped me. "There is someone here whom wishes to speak with you,"

She led me down another set of stairs, to a clearing with a stone bench under the trees. I saw an elleth sitting on the bench, my heart skipped a beat when I realized who it was. Linwë.

I looked over to Galadriel, but she was gone. "Linwë!"

She looked up at the sound of my voice. "Legolas!"

She stood up and gracefully walked over to me. I pulled her into a deep kiss, and she ran her small hands through my hair. I pulled away and looked at her. She looked the same, except she had this unearthly glow about her. I didn't care, though, I leaned in and whispered in her ear. "I missed you, don't ever leave me like that again,"

Linwë looked up at me with tears in eyes. She put her head on my chest and let out a sob. "I'm sorry, I was only doing what I thought best..."

"Shhh," I whispered. "I am not angry, Mellamin, I would never be angry with you," (my love)

I raised her chin so she would look at me, "Gi melin,"

I kissed her again and she smiled up at me, joy in her eyes.

~A/N
Yes I liked writing that ending, tell me if I should put more romantic things in it or not, anyway, I know I made you wait FOREVER for this because I was busy, and I am sorry (XD no I'm not I lied!) MWAHAHAHA!