Chapter 17

Linwë's POV

We had been staying in Theoden's palace for about a week now. It turned out that Grima, under Sarmuan's corruption, twisted the mind of the King and used him to take control of Rohan. Gandalf reversed Saruman's spell, and Grima was banished.

I stand on a balcony overlooking one of the many fields around the palace. My long hair tumbles down my back. When we arrived I was finally able to bathe and brush out my hair. I run my hands down the soft white dress I was given by Lady Èowyn.

Below me, I saw Aragorn and Legolas walking. I sighed and watched them walk. Whenever I saw Legolas he would watch me sadly.

I've been meaning to apologize, but I can't seem to find the right words to express it.

I left my room and walked down the dimly lit corridor. I made my way outside and went to the stables. I pet the nose of a chestnut mare. She whinnied at me. I sang an Elvish blessing in her ear and she looked at me with big brown eyes.

I smiled at her. "You are good with animals," I heard a light voice behind me say.

I turned and saw Èowyn watching me. I nodded.

She touched my hand and I looked at her. "Come, walk with me," she said.

I followed her down a path, she began to talk. "I've noticed the way Legolas has been watching you,"

I sighed, "Yes, before our arrival here, we...well, we had an argument,"

She looked at me quizzically, I could see in her eyes that she wanted me to go on. "It was over something foolish,"

Well, I certainly don't think it was foolish, but she doesn't need to know that.

"Then why don't you apologize?" She asked.

I shrug and watch the wind blow through the grass. She shakes her head. "If there is anything I could help with-"

"No," I snap at her, she looks at me crestfallen.

"I'm sorry, I do not need your help, but thank you for the offer," I say in a softer tone.

She nods and I smile at her. "I have to go now, I have something to attend to," I said.

She bows her head and I walk back in the direction we came in. I walk into the Main Hall and I see Legolas sitting at one of the tables. Silently, I make my way over to him.

I sit down beside him. I lean against him and he wraps his arm around my waist. I kiss his neck gently and whisper apologies in his ear. He turns his head and kisses me softly in return.

He hugs me close to him for several moments. After a while he pulls away and looks at me. "We will most likely go to war soon,"

"I know, I wish you did not have to," I whisper.

"As do I," he mutters.

-Time skip-

The sun is setting and there are already glimpses of the pale stars shining down at us. I stand with Legolas in his room, we stand at the window.

He turns me so I am facing him and he kisses me, more passionate than before. I put my hand on his chest, I feel his heartbeat. After listening I feel the rhythm pulse through me.

He pulls me towards the bed and I lay down besides him. He holds me in his arms. We stay that way the rest of the night, safe in each other's embraces, at least for now.

A/N
Wow, i finally updated after, like, two months. I'm so lazy. Hope you liked the chapter. I decided to make it fluffy this time. I think i kept changing verb tense but i'm too lazy to go and fix it. 😋