Chapter Ten

Linwë's pov

The last thing I remembered was falling into the fiery chasm, and Legolas, a looked of despair etched across his features.

I let go because his life is of more value, at least that's what I want to think. But I had this vague feeling that it was the right thing to do.

I tried to move, I couldn't, it was if I was paralyzed.

Then all of a sudden I gasped, and I was sitting wrapped in blankets, wearing a silk gown, and I was also on the floor. I looked around and all I saw was white, strange light was coming from the walls, maybe I am in with the Gods now.

"No, my child, you are not with the Gods just yet, your time has not come," a majestic voice echoed throughout the room.

"Who are you, where are you? Where am I?" I asked.

"I am your guardian, so to speak, a protector," the kind voice said.

"That's all lovely, but I can't see you," I replied.

A white glowing figure stepped out from the light. The figure was female, that was obvious enough. Her hair was blond, but then brown, then red all at the same time. She had soft angelic features and a slender body.

She was wearing a white gown, and she had long feathery angel wings.

"W-who are you?" I stuttered.

"Your guardian," she replied.

"No, your name," I stated.

"My name?" she said, laughing. "My name is Arlayna."

"Am I not dead then?" I asked.

"No, my child," Arlayna replied softly. "You are merely at the crossroads, the place that hovers between life and death, good souls come here when it is not their time,"

"Oh....that makes sense,"

"So, you can choose, wake up and rejoin your quest, or you can move on into the heavens, it's up to you." She said.

"I-I...." What did I want, it would be so much easier to move on into the Heavens, but I can't, I have to wake up from whatever this is.

"I want to return to Middle-earth." I declared.

She nodded, waved her hand and there was a blinding flash of light.

"I will always watch over you...." I heard her voice whisper through my head. "Always watch over you.

***************

I found myself lying on the forest floor, golden leaves and trees surrounding me. Could I be in the woods of Lorien? I heard footsteps and immediately closed my eyes.

I heard someone gasp and I opened my eyes slightly. A blond elf was kneeling next to me, checking my pulse. It wasn't Legolas, but his face looked familiar.

He scooped me up in his arms and started to walk through the woods. I decided to act as if I was waking up from unconsciousness instead of giving him a heart attack by sitting up. I shifted in his arms and he looked down at me.

He muttered something and I fell into a hazy sleep like trance. Blasted Lorien elves and their blasted magic.

By the time I was out of the trance I was lying in a bed, a female elf with long blond hair and beautiful features. She was wearing a tiara, so I am guessing it was Lady Galadriel.

I sat up and Galadriel looked at me and smiled. "You've awakened, come, get dressed and eat, there are friends of yours that would like to see you,"

A/N

I know this was short, but Linwë's not dead, and this is a bit of an insight of her backstory so I'll have fun, I guess with that.