Chapter Nine

Legolas' pov

We had finally arrived at the mine entrance, and I honestly don't see what Gimli was going on about, I see nothing impressive about a slab of rock.

"Ah! The walls of Moria!" Gimli says pointing at the wall.

Gimli walks up to the rock wall and taps it with his axe. "Dwarf doors are invisible when closed!"

"Yes, Gimli! Their own masters cannot find them, if their secrets are forgotten!" Gandalf replied

"Why does that not surprise me?" I said.

Gandalf walked up to the wall and rubs his hand over it. "Ah, now let me see, Ithilden...it mirrors only starlight and moonlight,"

The wall starts to glow and the lights appears as a door. Gandalf points his staff at the writing on the arch of the door.

"It reads, the Doors of Durin, Lord of Moria, speak friend and enter!" Gandalf reads.

"What do you suppose that means?" Merry asked.

"Oh it's quite simple, if you are a friend speak the password and the doors will open," Gandalf answers. "Annon edhellon, edro hi ammen!" (Gate of the Elves open now for me!)

Nothing happened. I glance over at Linwë and she walked over to one if the rocks bordering the lake and sat down. I move to go over to her but she shakes her head. I sigh and stay standing next to Pippin.

"Fennas Nogothrim, lasto beth lammen!" Gandalf says. (Doorway of the Dwarf-folk, listen to the word of my tongue!)

"Nothings happening," Pippin mutters to me.

"I once knew every spell in all the tongues of elves men and orc!" Gandalf states.

"What are you going to do then?" Pippin asked.

"Knock your head against these doors, Peregrin Took! and if that does not shatter them and I'm allowed a little peace from foolish questions I will try to find the opening words!" Gandalf retorted.

I watched as Aragorn and Sam let Bill the pony go. I walk over to Linwë, leaving Gandalf to think.

"May I sit?" I asked her.

Lin nodded and I beside her. "There is something troubling you, isn't there?"

"Yes, my locket," she replied sadly, handing the crushed locket to me.

I looked at it, the heart shaped charm was dented and flattened, and the hinge looked broken. "I believe it can fixed,"

I wasn't entirely sure about that, but I wanted to comfort her. Linwë looked at me with hope in her eyes. I stared into her beautiful eyes and she stared into mine.

"Your mother must have been beautiful..." I said. "To have such a beautiful daughter."

She blushed and bowed her head, her dark brown hair falling into her face. I raised her chin so she was looking at me, and I moved the lock of her hair behind her ear.

Lin moved closer to me and rested her head on my chest. I looked down at her and she looked up at me. Our lips met and we shared a soft kiss.

I pulled her onto my lap and she went back to resting her head on my chest. I noticed Aragorn looking at us with a troubled expression etched on his face.

Finally Frodo stood up. "It's a riddle!"

Frodo thinks for a moment. "What's the elvish word for friend?"

"Mellon," Gandalf replied.

I make Linwë get up, and she is not very happy about it. She leaned into me and I hugged her. I decided that now was the time to tell her. "Gi melin," (i love you)