Chapter 1

A sharp sound pierced through the darkness, groaning I sat up, peering at the door. My sister, Arwen was peeking her head inside the door. I frowned, flopping back onto the bed.

"Linwë," She whispered. "Are you awake?"

"What do you want, Arwen?" I muttered.

"I'm leaving for a while," she replied.

I sat up, "Why?"

"Aragorn needs help,"

"Really, a Ranger needs help?" I teased.

"Linwë! I'm serious!" She scolded. "The Ringbearer is injured and can only be cured by Adar's healing!"

"Then I'm coming with you," I stated.

"No!" she said. "It is too dangerous for you, my seler" She smoothed back my dark hair and kissed my forehead. "Namarie,"

With that she turned and walked out of my room and shut the door. I got out of bed, muttering to myself. I was perfectly capable of taking care of myself. Deciding against her wishes I began to dress. I changed in to a brown tunic and trousers, a long traveling cloak and leather boots. I strapped my twin daggers onto my belt, and pulled my prized bow and quiver of arrows onto my back. I opened the doors that open onto my balcony and stepped through them. I whistled a five-note tune and I heard hoofbeats. I jumped off the balcony and landed next to my horse Amrod, a black stallion with a white teardrop shape upon his chest. I pulled myself onto his bareback and whispered into his ear. "Take me to Arwen,"

He neighed and trotted of towards the river. I knew that my father, Elrond, and Gandalf put an enchantment on the river. When we aproached the river I had Amrod jump across it. He walked into the woods and whinnied nervously. "What's wrong?"

I then felt a strange coldness creeping inside of me, Amrod neighed and bucked me off his back and ran back towards the stables. "Amrod!" I shrieked.

As I stood up I noticed hooded figures standing around me, Nazgûl. I felt an imboding sense of doom as I realized that I could do nothing agaisnt them, seeing as weapons wouldn't work and I had no fire- and that I was going to become one of them. I drew in a deep breath and screamed, hoping my sister could hear me. I then fell into darkness.

Seler=sister

Namarie=farewell

A/N

Thank you for everyone that checked this out and I hope you like it. Please comment for any suggestions or if I made any errors, thank you!

-The Warlock