Chapter 4

I approached the door to Father's study and I heard voices inside. I couldn't make out what they were saying, but it sounded as if they were arguing.

"But Ada, I love him!" I heard a female voice say, Arwen.

"No! I forbid it!" I heard Father say angrily.

The door burst open and Arwen ran out. She turned her head in my direction and glared at me. I tried to touch her arm, but she brushed my hand away. She then stormed off down the hall. I frowned at her back curiously.

I peered into the study and saw Father glancing through papers on his desk.

"Come in, iellig," Father said.

I timidly stepped into the room with bookshelves lining the walks, and stood before my father.

"Your sister told me you had an argument," Father said

'Leave it to Arwen to tell him everything,' I thought bitterly.

"She started it, Ada!" I said childishly.

"It doesn't matter who started it," he continued. "but I believe you said hurtful things her."

"She yelled at me for trying to help her!" I whined.

"She yelled at you for following her after she specifically told you to stay here!" he said harshly. "What's worse is that because you did not heed her you were almost killed!"

I bowed my head meekly, unable to stand his disapproving glare. "Adar, I'm sorry I-"

"Do not apologize to me Linwë," he interrupted. "Apologize to Arwen."

"Yes, Ada," I said quietly. I waited for him to say more but he remained silent. I sighed and walked out of his study.

As I walked guilt welled up inside of me and I sighed. When I stepped into my room my maid, Lorelei, was flitting around cleaning everything. She seemed to be in her own little world. I cleared my throat to get her attention.

She spun around, her blonde hair coming out of her braid. "My Lady, I'm sorry, I didn't hear you come in!"

"Tis quite alright, Lorelei." I replied.

She walked over to me and grabbed my hand. She pulled me behind my dressing screen where there was a bath waiting. She pulled off my nightgown and robe and pushed me into the tub. I sighed, the warm water calming me down and sunk under the water.

*******

I walked towards Arwen's room dressed in a light green gown and my silver tiara. I hated it. I reached her door and was about to knock, but I hesitated. I heard muffled crying on the other side of the door.

'Oh, Arwen, this is all my fault....'

I opened the door the door and stepped in quietly. Arwen was sitting on the seat built into the window ledge, her face buried in a pillow. I sat down across from her and gently touched her elbow. She stopped crying and looked up at me.

"Arwen, I'm sorry, you were just trying to protect me and-"

"No need to apologize, I shouldn't have yelled at you," she said quietly.

"It's alright, what were you and Ada arguing about?"

"He doesn't want me to be with Aragorn," Arwen said sadly.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked.

"No, I just want to be alone," she said. "Elves from Mirkwood have arrived, the prince among them, why don't you introduce yourself."

I looked at her, she had a mischievous look in her eyes. Shaking my head I smirked back at her.

"Whatever you say, Arwen,"

Iellig= daughter

~A/N

So, what do you think? Sorry if it's short, but next chapter she meets Legolas! 😃