Chapter 14

1pm

The Back Garden

Jack was sitting in a t-shirt and pair of slacks on a comfy chair, with Bobby on his right and Jackie on his left. His three sisters were sitting on the bench opposite.

“So Johnny boy have you heard about the talk of Washington?” Pat asked.

Before Jack could answer, Bobby stepped in. “We’re not talking about politics.”

“No it’s okay Pat go on.” Jack replied.

“Well Pierre has to deal with pressure from reporters about getting an interview with you.”

“I’m not doing any interview till I feel better and no pictures will be released either, I just want to rest.”

“Pierre is trying his best.”

Jack nodded and closed his eyes. He became tired so easily because of the medicine he was on. “Jack?” Jean asked concerned.

“He’s fine just tired.” Jackie said.

Jean nodded.

As they chatted Jack woke up. “I’m just going to the bathroom.”

“Do you want some help?” Eunice asked.

Jack nodded and let his sister pull him up. She then helped him limp to the house. While he was in the bathroom, Eunice stood admiring the pictures in the hall. When Jack appeared he used the wall for balance. Eunice quickly took his arm.

“I don’t want you to worry about anything Jack; everyone knows and understands you need to recover.”

Jack nodded. “I’m glad because the pain is hell.”

When they got back to the rest of the family Jack groaned as he sat down. “Do you want a heat pack Bunny?” Jackie asked.

“No I’ll be fine.”

Jackie nodded. He may be in pain but he was determined not to give in. She admired him for that.

9pm

The Kennedy’s Bedroom

After the family had left Jack decided he wanted an early night. He had just finished changing when Jackie returned from the bathroom. “Kid do you think we can push our beds together?”

Jackie smiled. “Sure, why?”

“I want a cuddle.”

Jackie smiled and pushed her bed against her husbands. After helping him in, she crawled into bed. She felt Jack place his hand on her thigh. She giggled. Jack smiled. “Can you hug me?” Jack asked.

“Of course.” Jackie replied. She wrapped her arm over his stomach and nuzzled her head on to his chest. He gently kissed her head. “I love you kid.”

“I love you to Jack.”

They lay cuddled together for a long while before falling asleep. It would take a long while before Jack was back to full health but Jackie was determined to be there every step of the way.