ch.26: Final day (part 1)

Mari's p.o.v:

We all walked through town to the castle. Kevin and Rose followed close to me. I feel guilty that they don't know the full extent, but i'm happy for then to stay in the dark for a bit longer. We walk to the tournament area. I see Ryan being blessed. I scan the crowd and I see Amber's mom. I run up to her and give her a hug. " Mari are you sure the plan will work?" She hands me the potion. I down it and I give her a smile." I swear this will work. If not then you can yell at me. I also want you to tell everyone the plan if you think the plan has gone wrong." She sits down and smiles at me with a sad smile.

Amber tears up and hugs her other. I let them have their moment and I start walking to the area. Kevin steps in front of me and hugs me. He begins to cry and I hug his shaking body. I hold him close and I let him get it out. " Sis do you have to do this? Can't we just find Ace and run away to the ground relm?" I pull away and put my hands on his shoulders. " Kevin I have to do this. I don't want anything happening to you. I want everyone safe even if it means I can't protect you." I kiss his forehead and he hugs me again. I hug him back and send him to sit. He looked like a sad puppy when their family goes to work.

I meet Ryan in the middle of the area. We pull out our swords and point them at each other. The tips of the swords touch and a wave of light bounces off of them. He smiles at me wickedly and I keep a blank face. We keep staring at each other as the announcer begins to speak.

" This is a battle between king Ryan of Sky,Pandora and ex-queen Mari. This is a battle of death. Whoever wins gets to rule all of Pandora and gets to marry the lovely Rose,princess of Cupides. Fighters, anything left to say before we begin." We shake our heads, and the speaker makes the final call. " Let the battle begin. Long live the king, and god save the queen."