Ch.18

Ace's p.o.v:

I woke up to yelling downstairs. I quietly follow the sound to the kitchen. I hide behind the door and watch Grandma and Victoria fight.

" Victoria you need to listen to me. What you did was unacceptable. Don't fill that kids head with lies. Mari hates him!"  " You're a liar mother! Mari loves her son. Why the hell would she carry him, design his room, and make me godmother of him if she didn't give two shits about him!" I get this feeling over me, and I see Grandmother raise her hand to Victoria. Before it hits her, I grad Grandmothers hand from behind. Victoria looks up, and I hear dad's office door open.

Grandmother looks behind and sees me. I stand in front of Victoria. " Move you ungrateful child! Victoria has done something unacceptable. " " It's not right to hit people." I get a slap to the face, and I don't move. Ryan comes out and catches his mother as she falls. When an angel commits a sin, they fall and become weak. Each time they commit a sin it happens, and gets stronger each time. Victoria escortes me away as dad looks at me with sad eyes. 

" Wait here." She looks around and goes back inside.  A few minutes she comes back. She gives me a small bag." There's a map, some snacks,water, and some other things. Go find your mother. Each dot marks a house you can stay at. Her house isn't far from here, but don't let the guards find you. Go to the  first house tonight. I don't want you to wait any longer." " But what about you? I don't want her or anyone hurt you Victoria." She hugs me and says " I can survive, but go find Mari. Not just for me or your father, but for yourself and the stars. The sky has been empty since the family has been split like this. Please bring back the stars Ace." I smile, wave and sneak my way out. I look back, and see Victoria standing there. She smiles at me with a sad smile. I look ahead and keep going. I'll find you mother, I will.