ch.8

Roses p.o.v:

I look at Mari as she holds a pink book within her hands. I go to reach for it, and she puts it high in the air. I begin to tear up. " What's in the book Mari? Is there other things you're hiding from me?"  She looks at me with sadness in her eyes. She walks past me, and towards the stairs. Before she walks down the stairs, she whispers just loud enough " I wish it wasn't true." I heard a thump and she walked down the stairs. 

I turn around, and see the book on the stairs. The door closes and I walk to the stairs. I sit on the stairs and look at the book. I pick it up slowly. I see my name engraved on the front. I open the book, and a picture appears in front of me. I look up and see it's me as a baby. As I run my finger across the words, the picture began to move. I look back down at the book, and flip through it. 

As I reach the end, i'm filled with anger. I throw the book against the wall. When it hits the wall, a pain begins in my chest.I stand up as the front door is opening. Josh is first to walk through. Kevin isn't far behind. He smiles at me, but sees the dried up tears. Josh picks up the book, and I walk down the stairs. " Why are you guys home? Did something go wrong with your date?" 

Josh looks at me and says " Kevin started having pain so we had to come home. We did plan on seeing a movie." I look at Kevin." Kevin, did you see Mari on your way home? she walked out earlier." His eyes went wide, and he put his shoes back on. It had already started to snow. Hard.

" You guys stay here. Josh call Amber and whatever you do, do not answer the door unless Amber says her name. Understand?" He goes out and shuts the door behind him. I stand there, fear filling my veins. Whatever happened, I hope she is ok.