ch.17

Ryans p.o.v: 

She did it this time! I can't believe she did that to my son! I'm so done with her getting in moms way. As I go down the stairs I see Mother standing there. She grabs me by the ear and brings me to my office. She closes the door and lets go of my ear. " What your son did was disrespectful, you need to control him better." She puts her hands on my cheeks." I want him as perfect of a king as you are."  " Mother he's not little anymore. I can't control how he feels." She walks over to my desk and pulls out the book. 

"Why do you have this? I thought you got rid of this. Upon my last request. Don't tell me you still love her? Ryan she's no good for you! Don't you see what she did to this kingdom?" " Mother she wasn't bad at running a kingdom. Plus she was 12, and she had her brother to take care of." " Oh so you're making excuses for her now? This needs to end now. I'm tired of her being here. She's been nothing but a bother since she came back. Look, I have a plan. You're going to mary Rose. She's more powerful than Mari. You'll kill Mari, and then we're all happy. Ok deary. You'll do anything for mommy,right?" 

I nod, and she leaves. She throws the book on the floor. When the door closes, I sink to the ground. I still love her. I never wanted to destroy our relationship. I wanted a family. I didn't want this. Mari and I have been destined since birth. I know she doesn't love me anymore, but maybe I can get her back. I just hope that my son can forgive me for all the wrong I have done. I pick up the book and read through it. Mari went through alot, and cared so much. I just hope also that my mother didn't mean what she said.