ch5

Kevin's p.o.v:

I slowly open  my eyes, and rub my eyes. I look down and see Josh's head on my chest. I slowly move him off, and get up. I walk downstairs and see my sister reading. I walk up to her, and she looks up from her book. " Hey sis, you know this town better then me. Do you know any good places to eat? I would like to take Josh out for breakfast." She smiles." The red dawn diner is pretty good. We used to eat there, and the people there adored you." I bush a little and look down to the ground. I hear my sister chuckle and get up." Hey sis, how's your throat this morning? You sound like you go your voice back." " It feels a lot better, and yes my voice is back."  She goes to the kitchen drawer and open it. 

She takes out her wallet and gives it to me. It looked old and used many times" The currency is different here. This should be enough." I smile at her, and hug her. She truly was the best sister I could have. I go upstairs and see Josh putting on a shirt. I catch a glimpse of the bruise on his side. I frown, but quickly put my smile back on. I walk up behind him and wrap my arms around him. I truly am lucky to have him." Hey babe, I thought we could go out for breakfast.  I know where to go." " Sure. I'm up to it. How's Mari doing?" 

" I'm doing fine." Josh jumps as Mari stands at the door way. " Have you seen Rose at all this morning? Usually she's up by now." We both shrugged, and Mari walked away. He finished getting ready and we made our way downtown. As we walked, we saw people setting up decorations. I kept Josh close by wrapping my arm around his shoulder. No one gave us dirty looks, which I was glad for. We reach the diner, and officially start our first date.