ch.22

Mari's p.o.v:

I make my way into the somewhat visitors center. I sign in and sit at a table. A bell rings and some prisoners come out. Victoria was the last one out. She is escorted to my table and her eyes seem to glow with excitement. I stand up and hug her. We get a warning from the police officer and we laugh. Victoria was the sister I never had, But I had to cut ties when Ace was taken. She smiles at me.

" Ace is out looking for him. It took me years to set up the plan. I have perfected it to the last detail and problem. I just hope he can outsmart the guards around town." I smile at her." If he has his dad sense of direction he won't be able to." We laugh, but then her face turns stone cold. " On a serious note, mother is controlling Ryan more and more. I sadly don't know her plans, but watch your back Mari. All I know is that she has taken a liking to Rose." 

Before I can get another word out, visitation is over. I put my coat on, and I leave. I make my way to the castle. It always looked so beautiful during the winter. I sigh and walk up the long stairs. The guards stop me, and I sigh. " I need to speak to king Ryan. It's important." They let me through and I catch him in his study. I knock, then walk in. He looks at me in shock, and I close the door.

" Look Ryan, I don't want excuses. I already talked to Victoria. All I can tell you is that he is safe." He gets up and slowly walks over." Tell me where he is Mari. I'm done playing games with you." I look as his eyes, and they're as black as night. Control spell. His mind is so weak. I grab him by the sides of his head. I focus my energy and his eyes began to return to a normal color. I keep my hands on his head, blocking his moms spells. Only people who were destined to love forever are able to do this. 

"Mari, I can't fight my mother anymore. I have to fight you in one week. Mother won't have it any way." I tear up, and I remove my hands. His eyes go back to dark and he grabs me tightly by the shoulders." Tell me where he is Mari? Or do I have to hurt it out of you?" I push him off of me and I grab him by the wrist. He screams as if in pain. I cast a sleeping spell over him. He's just as weak as he was when we met. He falls and I open the door. I rush out as I hear his mother go into the study.  I make my way home, and I prepare to explain why my shoulders are bruised to my brother.