Ch.12

Kevin's p.o.v:

As I was looking for a book on drawing, I come across an old journal. It felt like it would turn to dust at any second. I slowly open the cover, hearing the old spine crackle and pop on my hand. It reads on cursive:

TO: Princess Mari Star Starling of Pandora

FROM: Dear mother Queen Layla Ann Starling  of Pandora

I turn the page, and was surprised by the full page. It was mother's will, then next to it was Mari's will. I read mother's will, and I start to get angry. I throw the book across the room. It makes a loud noise. I quickly leave the room and go downstairs. Josh comes up to me, but I just walk right past. I open the door and walk out.  I let my body guide me to wherever. I end up at the lake. I sit on a log, and I tear up. My eyes keep watering, but no tears flow.

I soon hear footsteps and someone hugs me from behind. I stand up, and he lets go. " Kevin tell me whats wrong? You've scared me and your sister." " If she's here, I don't wanna talk to her." " Kevin Mother didn't mean what she said in her will! I could never kill you baby brother!" Everything goes silent. The wind stops, the birds stop singing, and I swear Josh stops breathing from shock.

Mari sits down, and begins to explain. " Kevin, Mother was crazy. She never wanted a boy and actually hated most men. She never wanted to raise you, but there's a reason. After I was born, something happened.  One day mother was in the graveyard, mourning the loss of her mother. Then her spirit came down from heaven and warned her about having a son. Grandma said you would be an evil child and if mother didn't die from your birth, then she would die of sickness before your 1st or 2nd birthday. It was because dad's family was mad at her. It's the only reason she wrote that for me. "

She stood up and got close to me." But I never could. I've seen the beast cursed in you Kevin. When I first saw you like that, it was scary. She bends down, and wipes off her makeup. " Why do you think I wear make up?" I turn around and see a long scratch from one side of her face to the other. It just barely misses her eyes.  It starts at her ear. " You have no scars on you because I knew my brother was in there. Mom yelled at me for not attacking. I couldn't, you were still my brother. I could never do anything to you. You were a baby when it happened, so you will never remember."

" Well if i'm cursed, then why hasn't he come back?" " He hasn't come back because of me. After you attacked me it began to cry. I didn't cry a drop, but I was tearing up. I was because I thought you forgot who I was. Once you think you're mature enough, we can try to summon him. But for now, let's go back to the house, it's cold out here." She walks ahead, and I walk next to Josh. We walk back, holding hands.